Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
-lxl-

pool's chlorine

so few days ago i went to the pool b/c it was pretty hot and stayed there for about 2 hours

and i did not cleanse my face for the regimen afterwards for about an hour again

when i came back home my face was extremely dry and flakes were very visible... so i just took those flakes because it was pretty much the worst flaky/dry skin ive ever had

yesterday and today, my skin was sooo soft and had no sign of flakes whatsoever... i havent had this kind of soft skin since my younger times...

anyone else had similar experiences?

Well for me after every time I shower or wash my face I need to moisturize or it will get dry and flaky. So maybe since you just got out of the pool and moisturizing isn't an option that's why. As for the soft skin goes, i've definately had that. Pools and water in general do that. If you go swim in the ocean for a long period of time that will happen. Your skin will dry from the ocean like extra amount but I always salt water was really good for the face.

Chlorine dries my skin too, but it does have some disinfectant properties as well. I usually have to use a bit of moisturizer when I get out of the pool.

its very common if you go into the pool, to come back out with some flakes. i dont have it as bad because i only put BP on during the night, and moisturizer in the morning, but every now and then ill get a couple i have to rub off.