Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shrugs

i could use some support :(

i feel really lame asking complete strangers for support here..but my skin over the past 10 months has been the most traumatic experience of my life and i feel like ive had to go through it all alone. im making progress slowly but surely, and im not on day 4 of accutane, but it would be nice for someone like my mom to acknowledge every once in awhile "wow your skin is looking really good!" .. or respond with something like "what? youre still gorgeous!" or "its just a few pimples!" when i make comments about how ugly i feel instead of her not saying anything.

like i said im on day 4 of accutane now, and im pretty sure im experiencing my IB..as i have spots all over both sides of my face in places i dont normally break out. do you think its too early for an IB? i guess im really on day 10 because i did 10 mg every other day for 6 days, and then 40 mg for the past 4 days (and now will stay on 40 through day 60 at least). the spots came up about 24 hours ago, and already theyre flattening out as opposed to how they used to stick around for weeks..so i KNOW that is definitely a good thing..but 3 days ago my skin was relatively clear and im just really depressed about it all right now. my skin was perfect all through my teen years, and then i hit 20 and wham..cystic acne all over the place. luckily this breakout right now is not cystic..i dont know the different types of acne really but i do know cysts and these arent.

i dont know what im asking here. im just very discouraged and feel like i will be ugly forever. i just wish i had some support somewhere from someone..and ideally that would be from my boyfriend, but im so ashamed of my skin that ive only seen him a few times since everything happened (long distance relationship, anyway..but it just adds MORE strain to everything). any advice or encouragement would be very welcome. :(

Patience. You've shown plenty of it until now, and you can show a little more. Give it two months on the tane and you'll be at least starting to clear up, if not completely clear. Accutane really is a cease-and-desist for acne after the IB. Just you wait!

..its hard to tell yourself you're beautiful cos of what your going through right now but let me say that after all of this has passed.. you'll see for yourself how beautiful you are and then people around you are going to see it too.. be strong.. its only time.. it'll pass by... smile.. :comfort:

low-fat vegan diet=very bad for accutane you must have at least 10-20g of fat in the meal you have your pills with or it will not work properly and if it does it wont last because you didnt absorb enough. I m certainly not against vegans, I just think you really need to makes sure it all gets absorbed.

and trust me I know how you feel, but stick with accutane and your life will get better, :dance:

hope this helps

Will

low-fat vegan diet=very bad for accutane you must have at least 10-20g of fat in the meal you have your pills with or it will not work properly and if it does it wont last because you didnt absorb enough. I m certainly not against vegans, I just think you really need to makes sure it all gets absorbed.

and trust me I know how you feel, but stick with accutane and your life will get better, :dance:

hope this helps

Will

*HUGS*

you're not alone, we're all on the same boat :comfort:

and don't worry, you'll be clear before you notice!! time flies =]

how long is the accutane journey going to take huh?

btw, if you need to talk, you can pm me :D

*HUGS*

I get by it with a shot of extra virgin olive oil with my pill every morning, which comes to two tablespoons. It's a little weird at first, but if you get good-quality stuff, you'll see there's actually a real complexity to good olive oil. Give it a try!

I get by it with a shot of extra virgin olive oil with my pill every morning, which comes to two tablespoons. It's a little weird at first, but if you get good-quality stuff, you'll see there's actually a real complexity to good olive oil. Give it a try!

*HUGS*

thank you, really..that is very very sweet of you.

i think my derm is shooting for a 4 month course. but after reading so much information on this site now, i realize thats rather short, eh? i guess im expecting 4 - 6 months then. which reallllly isnt that long after years of acne i guess. :shifty:

there are some of the kindest people on here.