Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acne_battle

Can washing my face two times a day with cleanser and three other times day with water aggrevate my acne?

I know that if we wash our face more than twice a day with a cleanser, it can aggravate our acne and make it worse. How about if I wash my face two times a day with cleanser and three other times a day with warm water, do you think that can cause acne to worsen? :think:

Not too sure, as it's a bit confusing to compare. Generally, twice a day fully is better than three times a day done with just water. Hope that helps =)

Not too sure, as it's a bit confusing to compare. Generally, twice a day fully is better than three times a day done with just water. Hope that helps =)

You never know. A lot of people who are members of the org wash with just water. I cannot do that. I dont feel clean if I just wash with water.

I think that the extra rubbing on your face will irritate it more, leading to more acne. Twice a day with a cleanser should suffice.

I think that the extra rubbing on your face will irritate it more, leading to more acne. Twice a day with a cleanser should suffice.

Yup, I agree. I think if you're just splashing water on your face and patting it dry then water-only washing won't be too irritating, but if you're using a wash cloth or aggressively drying off your face, there's the potential for acne-causing irritation.

Hi Molly,

When I was suffering from acne, I went to a very established dermatoligist in Singapore where I live and she told me that acne is not caused by dirt, period and she said that washing the face or not will not affect my acne. She gave me this soap( just a normal one over the counter) and instructed me to use it only once per day. At that time, I was in the midst of accutane consumption. True enough, my skin continued to improve( with Accutane) even after I cut down my wash to only once per day, and splashing tap water only in the morning. Hope this helps.

Best,

Sherry

I use Clarisonic, it recommends twice and day (using a brush); morning and at night.

Thats what my esthetician was using when I got my facial a few weeks ago. Arent those brushes really expensive?

I use Clarisonic, it recommends twice and day (using a brush); morning and at night.

Thats what my esthetician was using when I got my facial a few weeks ago. Arent those brushes really expensive?

knowing how easy it is to doctor photos now-a-days, I just cant trust those pics. They look so easily edited...like the blur feature or the healing tool in photoshop could easily have the same results as what they show on that clarisonic website.

I should go in to the acne treatment business simply with that knowledge alone, lol - seeing as everyone else seems to make $ off of it (kidding, I would never...Ive been suckered enough to know better)