Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
yungwn

very dry dry skin..is this moisturizer anygood??

I hate using moisturizer i never have used it because ive always have had very very oily skin, but for some reason the past 5 months our so when i get out the shower my skin is so dry, its all white and flacky in were my hair grows on my face sad.gif so bad it hurts to open my mouth...i use the proactiv 3 step program and started using there moisturizer because they say its not good to mix products but there bottles are 2 small and expensive and its not even working that great.

i went out and asked the pharm what would be good he recomended AQUARELLE oil free wondering if anyone has used it our no if its good? im terrified 2 use it cuz it seems like everytime i use somthing new on my face i get nothing but acne and if im really unlucky a few cysts sad.gif

ill read what it says on bottle...matte hydrating fluid

says is formulated for oily skin is hypo allergenic non comedogenic(wont clog pores) and non acnegenic and perfume free...contains a anti-oxidant that helps the skin while keeping pores clog free.

has a lot of ingrediants i dont feel like listing.

thanks for reading and hope i get some feedback if u guys thinik this will be ok because i get really nervous when putting somthing new on my face.

is there any ingrediants in moisturzers to stay away from??

sounds like the 3 step program is too harsh for you. You could replace the proactiv cleanser with something non medicated...ie cetaphil, basis (but not Purpose if you are dry already). You could also choose a mosituriser from this list rather than taking a risk on the untried product your pharmicist recommends.

http://www.acne.org/order.html

i been using the proactiv since i was 15, i really doubt it is that and one of those cleansers u mentioned i tried and got nothing buy cysts sad.gif

Aquarelle Aqua-Matte Hydrating Fluid

http://www.marcelle.com/English/skinCare/p...&scSubCat_id=71

Ingredients Water, Glyceryl Stearate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Cetyl Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Triethanolamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Butylparaben, PEG-100 Stearate, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Sodium Hyaluronate, Vitamin E (Tocopheryl Acetate), Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Nylon-12, Trisodium EDTA, Ceteareth-20, Bisabolol, Matricaria Extract (Chamomilla Recutita), Farnesyl Acetate, Farnesol, Panthenyl Triacetate, Zinc Acetylmethionate, Copper Acetylmethionate.

I am not a chemist! But If this is the moisturiser you are talking about it has a fairly good quality ingredient lineup. Imidazolidinyl Urea is a good water binding agent but it is unusual to see it up the front of the list (it can be a irritant). It also doesn't seem to have fragrance or colouring added which is good. I have never heard of the range and there is no review for this product on makeupalley...so it is a bit of a risk.