Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jaurim540

acne is making me lose all my friends

I'm sure most of you can relate to not wanting to answer the phone or go out on one night or another.. but for me.. i've just stopped answering and calling my friends. and they all leave me these really sad messeges , all confused as to why i dont call them, and some of them even get angry at me for it. They think i just dont wannnnt to be with them.. and its not true.

I could never tell my friends why it would be too hard for me to go out with them or even make plans../ that would be way too embarassing and they would never believe me anyway/ Anyhow.. i would never do it. And the real me is just thinking.. wow as a friend i would never want my friend to just ignore me like that.. so it must really suck for them. and at this point even if i recovered i would probably feel like an asshole calling them or chilling with them again because that would be such an asshole thing to do .. i would always have the memories in the back of mind of me just ignoring them like that.. and them not knowing what was really going on. Plus they dont understrand what all their messeges do to me. its killing me... and i only want to kill myself now. nothing has worked for me in terms of my skin, and i wish there was a painless and accessible way to die. i would definately do it. anyhow.. what hurts mroe than the skin disease itself.. is being surrounded by people who you have to fear. IU dont want them to even see my face or look at me without a full face of makeup. I feel like utter crap about this.. and i wish i were dead honestly... my friends, boyfriends.. family.. all think im an asshole when i dont want to see or talk to them.. and they have no clue. i really dont know what i should do. and if i take accutane again.. this summer with the sun i kno will b hell.. but i guess i have to make that choice..

iF ANYONE knows anything that might help the situation please POST

+ at this point is accutane worth if for me.. my socical life will literally b down the drain i kno it. all gone. I might as well sweep all my belongings into the shadows and just close the door. cuz it will be a long chapped summer. :snooty:

same here. my acne is gone now, but i have hair loss from laser all over my face. it looks weird so i dont go out. i haven't even left the first floor of my house for a week.

thats sad.. really dont think people understand what it is to have this disease and watch everybody go about their normalities from inside a window?. Fucking skin.. who the hell is working on more cures btw. i'd like to go kill myself now.. or pop some old accutane for the hell of it.. & a Nice rinse down with some lye

..i wish i could say something that would lessen what your feeling right now but i dont cos im in the same hole as you are.. so just always keep in mind that you are NOT the only one..

no offense, but if my friend stopped calling me, and even if i KNEW it was because of acne, itd still be mad.

thats really selfish to your friends, people who enjoy you, and enjoy your company. good friends are not friends with you because their attracted to your looks, they like your personality. to not hang out with them because of your looks is rude.

get over it, and have a good time. your friends want to spend time with you. thats awesome.

yup, if you keep turning them down and making excuses and such it sends a clear message to your friends that you don't want to be bothered. Eventually when you're all clear and ready to go, no one will be asking you to come out with them.

I put myself through the same sort of thing about a year-and-a-half ago. I had just began accutane and suffered initial breakout. My friend came to the house and said there was these girls he wanted me to meet, girls that we'd met the summer before and I had gotten on great with one of them and she wanted to do something again. I said he should go, I would finish dinner and then go down later. I never went down or returned any texts/phone calls after that and didn't speak face-to-face for almost a year.

Eventually, after being 'alone' on my birthday (no friends, just family) I decided to bite the bullet and visit my closest friend. My face was looking better, just red marks but he never said anything about my face at all, he just said he was so glad I was ok (he thought I had become a drug addict or something).

In short, even though it will be very awkward at first if you don't speak to your friends for months and then suddenly start hanging around them again if they really care about you that shouldn't matter to them. Even if it is too difficult to talk about acne (I to this day have never once talked about my skin problems to ANY of my friends) just make sure that you don't let that get in the way and be happy in the knowledge you have great friends that care deeply for you. Don't get me wrong it can be difficult as I am still trying to pick up the pieces with one of my friends that has found it difficult that her best friend suddenly stopped speaking to her altogether but things do get better. It sounds very cheesy but it does take time and you have to take into consideration your friends' side of the story.

Dont let people make you feel selfish & like a bad person because its not the case at all.. you are depressed and suffering from social anxiety/phobia because of the acne. its not something you can control easily !

But you should definatly get some kind of help for it, Anxiety medications can really help! because it will totally ruin your life if you dont.

yeH I try and call my friends now and then which is why i dont feel like a complete asshole.. even tho it may seem that way.. but i just dread them being like...okay we can chilll.. but i dont get why u dont answer the phone and ignore my calls..

blah blah

its not that i dont want to hear it its that its too painful to admit the truth and when i tried to tell my one friend.. she was like.. thats bullshit. Lol fuckkkk