Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have used BP (first 5% and later 10%) for 5 years or so but I stopped since it wasn't helping that much and made my skin weird. I've used the topical antibiotic Dalacin (clindamycin) for the last few months, and it cleared me to 100% but now I can't use it anymore. I'm 19 years old, I have mild to moderate acne, with super oily skin (which is my biggest problem) and some very nasty enlarged pores on my cheeks. I don't want to go back to using BP. Do you know any products or medications that would help with the acne and not make my skin more oily or irritated? I'm going back to my doctor soon and it would be nice to have an idea about different medications.

why did clindamycin stop working? I'd ask your derm what'd be best for you. If clindamycin worked then i'm sure benzaclin or benzamycin ...or differin would work too (clindamycin is usually first topical used on acne, it's kinda weak) Ask your derm!

Clindamycin worked very well, but you're not supposed to use it more than 3 months, because you could develop resistance to it.

thanks for the answers