Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lucy_87

lucys roaccutane log

day 23

2day my skin has improved a bit mroe too, im actually pretty suprised how quick my skin has recovered form the natsy brekaout i had. its not clear by any means but is lookin much better than a couple of days ago. right now i have 1 couple of marks on my left cheek that are pretty small & more where the skin has come away than anything else. they will probably be ok in a couple of days. my forehead and chin are clear. the warzone on my right cheek has calmed down. the cyst on my temple has pretyt much completly gone, so has the other cyst on my cheek. the weird under the skin 3 headed cyst thing came out reasonably quick and scabbed up almost overnight. i wasnt as patient or gentle when washing as i should have been and the scab come away. its closed up which is good but it was still too early. i have a round pinky/red mark or kind of healing skin thats a bit shiny. but a couple of days andi think that will have improved alot more too. hoping that if i dont break out with anything 2 bad over the wkend i should be reasonably clear by monday. its probably wishful thinking but maybe my recent breakout was my IB or perhaps from stopping antibiotics a couple of weeks ago im not sure, would be great if it was & my skin just improves form now on. im gettin my hair done next wk & hoping that i wont have 2 sit there ashamed of shit skin while their washing my hair etc. have my derm appt 2moz 2 get nxt months pills & take blood. i think overall in my skin i have seen some improvement this month mainly coz im not oily anymore which is great!!

Lucy I recommend Vaseline for speeding up healing, Sudocrem is amazing too but too drying whilst on accutane. I apply a thin layer of vaseline on top of my moisturiser every night. Couldn't do without it.

hi maverick i will give the vaseline a go & lay off the sudocrem for a while, thanks for the tip.

ok this is going to be a long one...will start with the simple bit.

day 25 my right cheek has cleared and healed really well, its pretty much clear. my chin and forehead are clear too now its my left side. always one or the other! i dont have any active acne tho just a couple of marks that should heal up reasonably quick i hope. overall skin isnt looking 2 bad.

now for the bad news :wall:

i had my derm appt yesterday & my blood tests. when i first started a month ago he said that couple of the levels in my liver were too high really so we'd give it a month see how they were and hopefully things would sort themselves out. he thought maybe it was a bit of a one off as they were stupidly high for someone of my age who isnt overweight, doesnt smoke or drink, has a reaosnably good diet and exercises. so i didnt think anything of it. this month they are still way high & dr lim has said that hes concerned that something else is going on. the roaccutane hasnt actually raised them so sure am not pointing fingers at that, bu he thinks i might have some sort of genetic liver problem and need to go for an ultrasound on my liver. dont have the money to pay to have it done privately so seeing gp on mon to explain whats goin on. needless to say he doesnt really want me to be taking tane any more which i was literally devastated about. instead he said to get his cleanser and lotion etc (mav i think its the same stuff he mentioned to you it costs a bloody fortune!!) so i came away proper pissed off. anyways a few hours later he called and said if i really wanted 2 carry on with tane i could do but my dose isnt goin 2 be increased at all & i need more monitoring. if they go up anymore i wont be able to carry on :pray: that they dont. im going to have to have a super healthy month and hope for the best. so now i need to go back up to london to get my pills as he didnt give me a perscription for them before, plus i have spent loads on some topical shit which i dont want. gggrrr. just hoping that there isnt actually anything wrong with my liver and i can bring the levels down myself.

Hey Lucy =) Oh I know! (about the one side or the other breaking out) Usually my left side never has problems..But today I noticed so so so many small under the skin bumps! Scary! I wonder if that side is the next to go? Sounds like things are looking up for you though! Hopefully they stay that way, good luck =)

Hey Lucy, that's strange, mine were also high and I'm also pretty fit and not over weight.

I ate porridge 2x a day and a bottle of benecol for a month as well as snacks and my evening meal and I managed to decrease mine pretty quick. I'd give it a go if you don't mind altering your diet. To me I felt like my life depended on the accutane so I'd have eaten dog shit for a month if it kept my cholesterol down.

lol yeah mav i know what u mean. better be gettin myself some porridge then! glad u got yrs down so quick, fingers crossed mine turns out the same.

Hey Lucy =) Oh I know! (about the one side or the other breaking out) Usually my left side never has problems..But today I noticed so so so many small under the skin bumps! Scary! I wonder if that side is the next to go? Sounds like things are looking up for you though! Hopefully they stay that way, good luck =)

day 26

overall all cant complain. nothing new. my right side is now clear and all heale dup well. its just the mark on my right side i am having trouble with now, i think if i leave it alone tho it will heal slowly. its just got that shiny thing goin on at the moment which im not so sure about. felt really thirsty 2day, cant be drinking enough water!

just a quick post to update some pics. woke up this mornin feeling pretty good about my skin. still have clogged pores etc and all that but impressed with how my skin has healed up. so heres my roughly 1 month pics, the pics are on a webcam so doesnt show much, theres still stuff there, but so much better than it was! no makeup just out the shower with moisturiser

post-44797-1182754348_thumb.jpg

post-44797-1182754359_thumb.jpg

post-44797-1182754369_thumb.jpg

post-44797-1182754348_thumb.jpg

post-44797-1182754359_thumb.jpg

post-44797-1182754369_thumb.jpg

Hey Lucy! Thanks for stopping by my log and leaving the encouraging comments. Your face looks GREAT!!!... and not even a month in! I hope it just keeps improving for you from here on out!

Good luck with the rest of your treatment! I'll check in on you again soon! :)

day 27 and 28

well unfortunately my great skin couple of days didnt last. grr. 2 be expected tho i guess. i have that cyst back in my ear, im not bothered about that u cant see it and i no it will be gone within a week. i have a cyst come up on my right cheekbone. can feel it is full of liquid, not nice. its pretty red but at least it doesnt hurt. i also have a really red mark on my jawline from where something came away. bit gutted as im having my hair done 2moz & its embarrassing when yr skin isnt looking 2 good. plus i got such a busy wkend catchin up with friends and ppl i havent seen 4 ages. my skin seems 2 be gettin oily again. not as much as before but more than it has been this month. does that happen? do you sort of get used 2 the dose?

Hey Lucy,

You'll have ups n downs. Every time I had a clear period I'd wonder 'Is this it, will I be clear forever'. And each time I'd break out.

I'm now at the point where I get the odd spot but that's ok.

I know what you mean about the hair dressers. I used to HATE getting my hair cut when my skin looked crap. They're FAR too close to my skin for comfort haha.

not entirely sure what day it is, i guess about 30, 31 something like that.

overall feeling pretty damn lousy 2day. my skin is okish. few little spots/marks here and there then this huge under the skin cyst thing on my cheekbone still. made the mistake of lancing it with a needle, i thought i had got most of it out but obviously not...its bigger and angrier than it was before. have 2 leave it alone and be patient i guess.

found out 2day my brother has cancer. sorta puts things in perspective abit. life sure can seem hard work sometimes cant it.

Lucy, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother...I hope its in the stages where it can be treated effectively. :(

As far as your skin goes, keep your chin up! I noticed clearing super fast during week 6. After that point, no new breakouts. Hang in there, girl!

day umm 33?

a week ago 2day i had clear skin, how can skin get so mesed up so quick? arrggh. not totally sure what the new brekaouts r about...time of the month coming up perhaps, stress bt my bro, just tane doing its weird thing im not sure. the cyst in my ear has pretty much gone. right now i have 2 cysts on my right cheek, one looks like it is healing but can still feel a hard lump under the skin. the other is just red and angry & not cool at all. if left alone do the 'lumps' go away on their own over time? i also have a big red wound thing on my left jaw where i had a tiny scab which i caught & it puled a heap of skin with it. not happy. oil seems 2 have gone a bit tho.

foxy...thanks for yr comment. ur pic loosk amaizng! hope u continue 2 have such fab results.

Hey Lucy :). I'm sorry to hear about your brother too :(.

I've had a few new breakouts recently too, but they weren't the typical Godzilla zits that I used to get, but rather small bumps and they cleared very quickly, leaving little or no trace of their visable existence :dance:. I'm sure yours will clear up in no time.

How have you been coping side-effect wise? It seems as if we have been on tane the same number of days which is quite cool although I do suspect you might still be one or two days ahead of me. Well anyway, what ever the case, I hope you're doing well and wish you the best.

hey alreadyover, just dropped by yr log. looks like things are improving 4 u which is great! yeah we have been on tane almost the same number of days i think, im just a couple ahead. havent really been having many side effects, did a bit at the start but all gone now.

day 37

havent posted in a couple of days. slowly healing up from my recent shit breakout. thinkin maybe its because im due on in a few days. & i probably didnt help 2 start with by squeezing, just dont learn. anyway, right now i have a red mark on my left jawline which isnt too noticeable under makeup, the cysts on my cheek have dried up and peeled off so just have some pinky marks where the skin underneath needs to heal up & 1 other mark on my cheek thats a bit bloody looking from a popped whitehead. i really want to up my dose as i have no side effects im not even dry. but dont think dr lim will unless my liver sorts itself out & my levels are a bit more in the normal range when i go c him next. to reach my cumulative dose id have 2 be on tane for about 7 months i think if i stayed at 30mg & that is goin 2 cost a fortune in derm visits and blood tests. putting vaseline on the areas im tryin 2 get 2 heal up, dropped the sudocrem as it seemed 2 drying.

hope next week is better

Hi Lucy - I am at 30 mgs twice a day. I started in April and I have to go throughout August. Although the derm keeps flip flopping that back and forth with July. So really I could be done at the end of this month or next. I sound really helpful. hah Sorry. I really can't believe I am already this far along. It goes quickly. Hope you are doing well. MAybe your derm will up your dosage. I know it depends on your weight. I am 108-110. I can't go higher than 60 mgs a day he said.

hi pippi thanks for yr post. oh i didnt really u were on 30mg twice a day! thought it was just once. yeah really want my dose increased but gona have 2 talk my derm round somehow! wow u could be done in a few wks!! that awesome. glad u have had such good success thats great. i hope u stick around when ur finished & keep us all up 2 date with how u r doing!

day 38

overall my skin isnt too bad, looks better than it did at the start of the wk anyway. i have 1 red patch on my chin from 2 whiteheads that came up this mornin which i cant manage 2 cover up. my left cheek is ok, forehead is clear, and red cheek i have lots of healing marks that are pinky and a bit shiny. i will be clear in a few days i think. having my hair done thursday as i put it off last time & i will have clearn skin! positive thinkin!! lol

Hey lucy

Hope all is travelling well. You sound like you are progressing which is great.

I am sorry to hear about your brother. Sending you positive thoughts.

Kel

thanks kells :)

day 43

havent posted in a few days. sunday and monday my skinw wasnt too bad. all changes so quick tho! my left cheek forehead and chin actually looke pretty good. my right cheek is still crap. its so frustrating. everytime i get to a point where i think im nearly clear and a couple more days will do it i get new active acne so its like starting all over again. i have about 8 marks on my right cheek that are slowly healing up but red and flaky. one of them is terrible and the skin is all messed up. enough already

day 50

wow nearly 2 months already

havent posted in a week as it has been so up and down and i havent wnated 2 focus 2 much on my skin. right now i have no active acne just red patches and marks which i have been slappin with vaseline at night to help heal up. its a slow process. my skin can go form lookin good one day to awful the next. side effect wise i dont really have any any more. just dry lips now and then if im not using lip balm. i am ogin up at the end of this wk to get nexts months.

u can go on holiday hwilst on tane right? like if ur just careful with the sun?