Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsrfgsertwe

dermablend makeup!

while we're all waiting for these acne scras to go away, i wanna tell you guys about the makeup i've been using to cover them up! i was using dermabelnd before i developed acne scars for my dark undereye circles (i tried everykind of cream, the only thing that will help them is botox or fat injections, and the dermatologist who told me about those said i shouldn't have any of that until i'm at least 18 [5 more months!]). i found that for the scars, whatever makeup i used turned them purple. i tried using the dermablend for under my eyes for them, but they still turned purple. but, since i had a great experience with dermablend in the past, i decided to head back to the dermablend counter at macy's and the woman gave me a different makeup for that.

here's what you need from them:

smooth indulgence concealer

quick-fix concealer (one shade lighter than the smooth indulgence)

warm up the quick-fix concealer with your fingers & put about two layers of it over your scars. let that dry for a minute and put one layer of the smooth indulgence. follow up in a minute with your foundation, powder, whatever you use. (if you use a cream foundation, don't wipe it over the area, just in case the dermablend hasn't dried enough. put some on your finger & pat it over the dermablend)

you can buy it online at www.dermablend.com. it's more expensive than the regular stuff, but it's so worth it. i've also seen it in CVS. however, go to macy's or another department store with a makeup section the first time around and see if they have a dermablend counter. the shading system is a little complicated and the people there will help you find just the right color.

also, i like the fact that this makeup doesn't wear off. it really stays in place! dermablend also makes a powder that says helps it stay longer, but you don't really need it. i also got a free sample of the dermablend makeup remover, but i haven't tried it yet. i already use the almay oil-free eye makeup remover all over my face and i love it.

anyway, enjoy!

Yes, when I had more severe acne, Dermablend was what I used every day. It was a blessing and it lasted all day and night (just a light tap in areas with natural skin folds and creases to reset at the end of the day and I was good to go out after work). Heck, you can even swim with it...just blot afterwards and you're as good as new.

There's also Dermablend Leg and Body for those who have scars (even tatoos) to cover on the body. Once it's set, it's much more resistant to rubbing off than the ordinary Dermablend Cover Creme.

By the way, I found the Dermablend remover to be very thick and it broke me out so I never used it.

I'm glad Dermablend is working for you, too, shipinabottle.

Dermablend is pretty good but it can be a real pain trying to find the right shade match for your skin.

Always advisable to get a free sample kit first to find the closest shade match to your skin. These sample kits normally come with a small sample of setting powder too. They can be found on numerous skincare websites and ebay at a cheap price.

Works quite well for me.

Dermablend looks the most natural when you cover smooth textured acne or scars. Thick scars and scabs that are rough in texture will never look natural...either they will look cakey and powdery all day or the Dermablend won't last as the natural movements of the face easily disrupts these areas (seems the Cover Creme seems adheres best to smooth skin surfaces).

Also be sure to blend really well into the adjacent skin so there is no visible line of demarcation.

i almost forgot! start with a tinted moisturizer first- i personally find that the cheap regular covergirl ones don't break me out. because the makeup stays put for so long, it can make your skin look a bit dry, but a little bit of moisturizer will get rid of that effect.

Is this also good to use as a sun blocker? I knwo Mineral makeup is but not sure if Dermablend falls in the mineral makeup category?

Dermablend looks the most natural when you cover smooth textured acne or scars. Thick scars and scabs that are rough in texture will never look natural...either they will look cakey and powdery all day or the Dermablend won't last as the natural movements of the face easily disrupts these areas (seems the Cover Creme seems adheres best to smooth skin surfaces).

I tried it for a couple of weeks. Maybe because my skin is so oily and still blemished, it doesn;t look all that natural on me. In addition, by the end of the day, I look terrible with dermablend. I have converted back to mineral makeup and I love it. For those who use mineral makeup and have oily skin, try it without putting on moisturizer first, you will see a major difference in terms of how natural it looks on your skin.