Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
noise

Fraxel health concern

Can you get viral diseases from Fraxel? Is it safe, do they sanitize and clean the machine for cross contamination for any areas they might touch or use while performing the procedure?

Can you get viral diseases from Fraxel? Is it safe, do they sanitize and clean the machine for cross contamination for any areas they might touch or use while performing the procedure?

um, this a laser. i don't understand how you can "get something" from it.

and really, it's not appropriate to insult a group of people as was done with the "jamaican nurses aid" comment.

you are not going to get HIV or any other disease from doing fraxel. this is highly researched and anyone performing the procedure is clearly a professional...the upgrade alone from fraxel 1 to 2 is somewhere around $40,000 so you can imagine what it costs to begin with. people who know what they are doing and want to invest money in this are obviously professional and know how to take care of patients.

it's not like getting a tattoo where needles are touching your skin -- and tattoo artists are professional and sterilize their equipment also.

Doesn't the roller tip (or tip in general) directly touch the skin though? I've heard that Fraxel in some areas are in demand that a patient might follow another. What happens to that tip then, or any part of the machine that was touched during one's teatment (ie. blood from, say, numbing injections making contact with the tip or handling the bottle of blue dye, cord/handle/switches used to operate it or something).

No one else would like to voice their concerns? Perhaps I'm just paranoid! I guess my enquiry is the same for whatever treatment one opts for (whether it be for scarring or not) at any surgery, clinic or hospital - hence no one really thinks or worries about it.

No one else would like to voice their concerns? Perhaps I'm just paranoid! I guess my enquiry is the same for whatever treatment one opts for (whether it be for scarring or not) at any surgery, clinic or hospital - hence no one really thinks or worries about it.

HIV is the last thing you would catch in the event a tip with blood on it WAS used. The HIV virus is so weak that it can only survive a matter of a couple of minutes outside the human body. Once the infected blood is exposed to air, the virus quickly dies.

Sean..

I read about this some years ago. However, if this is the case, why do individuals make such a big fuss if they happen to step on a used syringe? Why do reports insist people don't share nail clippers, toothbrushes or razors in fear of contracting the virus?