Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dawizzyjizzy

How to Stop Excessive Dryness?

I have really dry skin right now and Im currently only washing my face once a day and sometimes every other day. I use Neutrogena Moisture but I feel like it's too thin because my face still feels dry after I apply it. Can anyone help my situation?

your cleanser is usually responsible for drying you out since they are often high ph and contain grease-cutting/detergent agents. What one are you using?

Hi, I use the bodyshop tea tree oil freshner at the moment my skin is extremly dry from using bp and this, this contains witch hazel, could this be 2 harsh.

Also is it best to use a hydrating cream or muistoriser. I also have laser hair removal done on my face which hurts me skin and causes breakouts any ideas or feedback would be great on alternatives for a hairy face and best type of skin care.

this is what cosmetics cop has to say about witch hazel

witch hazel. Can have potent antioxidant properties (Sources: Phytotherapy Research, June 2002, pages 364–367; and Journal of Dermatological Science, July 1995, pages 25–34) and some anti-irritant properties (Source: Skin Pharmacology and Applied Skin Physiology, March-April 2002, pages 125–132). However, according to the Consumer’s Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients, Fifth Edition, Ruth Winter, 1995, Random House), “Witch hazel can have an ethanol [alcohol] content of 70 to 80 percent. Witch hazel water … contains 15% ethanol.� The alcohol can be an irritant. Witch hazel also has a high tannin content (and tannin is a potent antioxidant), which can also be irritating when used repeatedly on skin, though when used for initial swelling from burns it can reduce inflammation.

^ so it sounds like a mixed bag. T tree oil is very drying.

I'm 28 and have very dry sensitive skin and I like Avene (my first choice) or Clarins skincare. 2 interesting brands topping the consumer rating for moisturisers at makeupalley are MIR skincare and the Eucerin Q10 range (I haven't used either). They are all different price ranges so you may want to research them a bit.

As for cleanser don't use a bar soap on dry skin. Look for a liquid cleanser...cetaphil, basis comfortably clean, jasons there are plenty out there now.

IMO Steer clear of toners or anything made by a manufacturer that focuses on a teenage audience.

Can't help you with the hair removal issue...I pluck my eyebrows and that is it.

A humidifier in my room all night helps my skin not be so dry. I went from superflakes to just a little around my mouth doing this. I dont know if this works in the spring and summer when the air is moist, but in winter it helps and is easy to do.