Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christa

How do you stop a whitehead from becoming a zit?

I don't really mind this whitehead I guess but it seems like it will never go away and usually my whiteheads eventually turn into zits. How can I stop this? Thanx!

Thats my ultimate problem.. I get these tiny discolored bumps on my chin area.. they are very very small.. but they eventually get inflammed and red and turn into a whitehead..and they come one day at a time.. its very pains-taking.. BWAH

Actually so far I dont have problem with whiteheads becoming inflamed or changing to zits *TOUCH WOOD*

But I also want to know, what is the best solution to totally get rid of it.

I mean, they dont feel good on your skin, and in some certain angle, I can see a lot of tiny bumps and looks terrible. sad.gif

Salicylic acid, sulfur, and resorcinol are supposed to help break down existing acne lesions. In my experience, none work very well at all. The best bet is to prevent them in the first place with a good bp regimen.

-Dan

yeah. You can try tabbing on 2.0% salicylic acid with a Q-Tip. It hasn't really worked well for me either.

Don't pick at your skin unless you see the actual bacteria (the white head) -- it can/will usually turn into an inflammed pimple. You can try applying BP + icing it for 10mins. Remember to be gentle -- don't irritate it any more.