Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did you ever have a period of your life where you considered yourself Golden?

When? How old? How long did it last? What changed?

I have some golden memories. Of course I have to account for the fact that I remember everything better than it was. I was late being golden. I couldn't afford braces until college. I got them off at 20. For a little less than a year I was golden. No acne, no scars, thin and in shape, confident, whole future ahead of me. Great memories of summer in Europe and a hot blond Scandinavian girlfriend.

Came crashing down when I came back to the U.S. and became homeless . . . At the time, I still considered myself OK. I thought, well this is an adventure and I'll make the best of it. I made a real attempt to get back on my feet for over three years. Then a less heartful attempt for another three. Now I'm left with nothing . . . emotionally.

Well not true, I have a tiny reserve. But I keep it safeguarded. If anything more were to happen I am certain I'd do something tragic. So I need to keep myself safe. I haven't left the house in over a week. Except one night I did go out and sneak onto a local bridge and walk underneath it out over the river on the construction workers access walkway. i was in a dream like state. definitely not golden. i walked the whole way several miles there and back in my pajamas like donnie dark. i even had a dumb grin on my face.

tell me your golden memory if you have one.

I sure did. It was a little over a year ago and I was in love, clear, and having fun. Of course my relationship could be rocky at times, but that was the extent of my worries. Life was great, then I was hit with moderate acne and it all came tumbling down. Funny how a few red bumps can destroy a person.

Btw, I enjoyed The Outsiders too.

Yup, just a year ago was in a very stable long term relationship, face wasnt that great but it didn't bother me. Was just about to start college and had my whole life planned out, felt great.

Needless to say, everything fell apart and I had the worst year of my life. Right now my face is the clearest it has been in years but I still can't shake the depression and general unhappiness. Still waiting for those 'golden' days to come back.

Guest Cubsfan

my golden moment

on the way to uni we walked, talked, joked, laughed until I walked her to the bus stop, it was a simple 2 hours but the best moment of my life. you could not see it but you could feel it, both our hearts didn't want that moment to end. Then the bus hit her.

know what else? i got so depressed after my golden time ended. that i took antidepressants. it made me gain weight real fast at first. only like 20 pounds and i lost it in a few months. but it was enough to give me stretch marks.

then i had a rash on accutane and used high potency topical steroids. so that gave me more stretch marks.

so now im looking at fraxel 3 to get rid of them. afraid to even work out cause my skin is so dry, fragile, and prone to stretch marks at this point. and i wont take antidepressants again cause i was on them for years and it didnt do much at all.

but my face is clear of acne. but so dry i have to sit in my room with a humidifier on and globs of white cream on it. and before accutane they tried laser which made my hair fall out in patches all over, so i have patchy beard all over which really looks freakish. and i can't shave it close cause my skin is so fragile and i get pseudofolliculitis barbae. and even when its shave close you can tell i have patches.

so everything sucks!

i have one :)

it was grade five, carton milk and recess. we played touch football on blacktop playground. and i caught a touchdown pass without looking. lol it was the damndess thing. i just reached my hands out before turning and the football landed in my hands. sooo cool.

Guest Cubsfan

Our moments are simple

But they are our moments

Nonethelss

We are all painters

We paint gold

We paint black

But who painted the fucken bus?

Guest Cubsfan

the bus hitting her represents the crash in our relationship that soon followed.

I could have said that straight out, But I use the bus for my own entertainment purposes :evil: okay we talk about other people now

see that's the problem. you weren't clear to the audience. you chose to sound good to yourself at the expense of your audience saying WTF? that's the first sign of bad and immature writing.

Guest Cubsfan

I said....

I use the bus for my own entertainment purposes :evil: okay we talk about other people now

Last year, for the most part, was pretty amazing. A couple moments come to mind that were just incredible.

The first being a night during last summer when my boyfriend at the time and I went to see a movie and didn't want to go back to his house quite yet. It was really warm out despite the fact it was about nine pm and we decided to go to my old elementary school. We swang on the swings and went down the slide and just acted like kids (I'll leave out the other stuff ;) ). Then we drove around with the windows down and the music up. We even snuck to the back of this freakin' awesome specialty car dealership and drooled over the Lambos we could see through the windows. It was so much fun.

The second was during last August. We (same guy I mentioned above and I) went to So Cal for a few days to go to Disneyland and hang out in Laguna Beach. One night we were looking for things to do so we decided to try and find the house they filmed The OC at in Newport Beach, but instead we ended up in Compton haha. Just one of those moments where everything felt right and I will never forget.

Remembering this makes me reallyreallyreally miss him :( Too bad he's an asshole now, and if I ever brought this stuff up he'd be like "I don't remember that at all."

i was gold when i was 14 and just discovered masturbation but had none of the acne and other side effects of puberty. i was loving my own body and imagined that at 25 i'd have the life of some college frat guy from a movie or tv show. with like babes and lots of friends and a convertible.

right now i have no friends. literally none. total loner.

no car. none. haven't even left home in weeks.

haven't been laid in years.

so you don't want to tell me the golden?!!

you views me post and no gonna tell me? stay gold pony boy, stay gold.

That made me smile, I love that book. :D

Guest The Effendi
i have one :)

it was grade five, carton milk and recess. we played touch football on blacktop playground. and i caught a touchdown pass without looking. lol it was the damndess thing. i just reached my hands out before turning and the football landed in my hands. sooo cool.

< thats my tattoo of 'stay gold' across my chest. Its an affirmation for myself to try and make every moment of my life 'gold' no matter what.

All throughout my teenage years I have some great memories and never really had a care in the world up until I turned 19 and my acne kicked in.

I guess my most 'golden' period in my life was the first two years at university when I never really needed to take the work all that seriously and had some great times. One great memory I have in particular was over a period of a fortnight when I starting the week off playing footy (soccer) for the local uni team and had one of worst games ever. Really don't know what was wrong with me that day and my team-mates were pretty pissed off at me as I was central to our loss. The next week however, I had so much determination to put that game behind me and played a blinder. My passing was so accurate, I set up 3 goals and scored a few myself. The whole team played well but I really proved to myself that the week before was just a blip.