Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering, for those of you who are using zinc, could you chime in and talk about your experiences? Also, if you have any good articles or research about zinc, could you post them? It would be much appreciated.

I know Dan also uses zinc frequently as part of his daily regimen along with o3 supps

Here's some I found so far:

Zinc and acne:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.f...p;dopt=Abstract

In a double-blind investigation of 54 patients suffering from acne vulgaris, the effect of 0.6 g of oral zinc sulphate daily versus placebo was studied. During the active treatment period of 6 weeks, the acne improved by about one-third, as rated with a score system. Clinical comparison with placebo showed the result of zinc sulphate therapy to be slightly, but statistically significantly better. Various methods for the clinical evaluation of acne were studied. Counting of acne lesions was found to be a more precise method than assessment according to the opinion of the patients and the assessment of colour photographs. The correlation between the results obtained by lesion counting and evaluation by photographs was low, as was also the reproducibility of photographic assessment.

Should be another 50+ page topic from Romeo. I'm going to start taking these, I'll be chime in on what it does for me. :)

Yup, I just started. So i'll keep you updated Romeo. Hope this thread is as successful as your Omega 3 Fish Oils thread. I always get tons of info from your threads!

Whatever gets us closer to success, is definitely a great thing. I think dan is right on the money, zinc and omega 3 is mostly all we need to supplement with, and the rest coming heavily from our diet in the form of fruits/veggies, and to also eliminate any aggravating factors that are different for each of us. This 'puzzle' is getting annoying :confused: Hopefully we can all figure this out together.

I'm just glad zinc is dirt cheap :pray:

Where are most people getting their zinc from?

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...p;id=prod372927

I think this one is good, it's $4 for a 50 day supply. Most people take Zinc Gluconate, so it's great that it's readily available.

I got mines at Walgreens too. I got Nature Made.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...amp;id=prod3533

I will be taking those twice daily. 30mg X 2.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...300&hl=zinc

I take 60mg of Zinc a day. My pill has copper in it already. YES!! Zinc does work especially if you have a Zinc deficiency. It cleared up my nose and forehead. I still have trouble with my chin and cheeks. Try taking the Zinc on an empty stomach, if you have pain eat something quick right after.

Good luck to you

Ok. I was in 7th grade and acne hit me hard. My dad read about zinc and bought me some. I have been taking Zinc for about 5 years now.

ITS NOT A CURE. But it did help with the cystic acne that I get on my nose and forehead. So Zinc has been a life saver for me. I also read males need more zinc than females. Females need more Iron than males.

If you have malabsorption, you probably have a zinc deficiency. My father tested positive for a zinc deficiency EVEN though he was taking 30MG of Zinc a day!!

So if your the typical skinny person who eats a shit load of food and suffers with acne. Read up on malabsorption and Zinc. Too much Zinc gives your a copper deficiency, but now days they have Zinc pills with Copper. SO yeah.... ZINC IS GREAT!!

Ok. I was in 7th grade and acne hit me hard. My dad read about zinc and bought me some. I have been taking Zinc for about 5 years now.

ITS NOT A CURE. But it did help with the cystic acne that I get on my nose and forehead. So Zinc has been a life saver for me. I also read males need more zinc than females. Females need more Iron than males.

If you have malabsorption, you probably have a zinc deficiency. My father tested positive for a zinc deficiency EVEN though he was taking 30MG of Zinc a day!!

So if your the typical skinny person who eats a shit load of food and suffers with acne. Read up on malabsorption and Zinc. Too much Zinc gives your a copper deficiency, but now days they have Zinc pills with Copper. SO yeah.... ZINC IS GREAT!!

That is awesome :) Thanks for your feedback! Do you still suffer in any other areas? How long did it take zinc to work? Also, did you notice an oil production decrease?

I take 37.5 mg of zinc per day with around 3mg of copper. I think it helps with acne, but I want to try to up my dosage to 67.5mg, yet I am scared!

I take 37.5 mg of zinc per day with around 3mg of copper. I think it helps with acne, but I want to try to up my dosage to 67.5mg, yet I am scared!

Where did you buy copper from? I can't find it on the website (walgreens). :(But with about 67 mg you should be fine :) As long as it's not above 100 mg :)

Where did you buy copper from? I can't find it on the website (walgreens). :(But with about 67 mg you should be fine :) As long as it's not above 100 mg :)

While reading through Zinc reviews on Acne.org, a few people mentioned buying this Zinc cream by accident, not knowing anything about it, and having incredible results with it clrearing up their skin entirely as well as fading away red marks. Way better the BP and without any drying, flakiness, or irritation. I couldn't find this at Walgreens. Think its worth a shot?

http://www.amazon.com/Zinc-Cream-1-oz/dp/B...5697&sr=8-3

Here is the revies:

"I'm a 39-year-old female still suffering with acne. I've been using a 50 mg supplement but didn't see any real results until I purchased MARGARITE ZINC CREAM. It can be purchased on Amazon. That stuff is AWESOME! After only four days I saw incredible results. My skin hasn't been this clear in a long, long time. I have spent more money trying to clear up my acne by purchasing over-the-counter products, the Obagi skin care line, essential oils, glycolic peels. Nothing worked. But this stuff is great and very affordable! I'm only using it one time a day, usually at night. I have never posted on any board before but I felt like I had to tell everybody else who is suffering from acne."

And another one:

"Well, Im not using a zinc supplement, but rather a zinc cream I found at the health food store. Its in a plain white box, I think the brand name is Margarite or something like that. But. This zinc cream is amazing! It works just as well if not better than benzoyl peroxide, but it doesnt burn or dry or irritate! And the upside - its tinted, so it evens out the redness of acne, so you could use it during the day as a concealer too. I had this ingrown hair on my jawline, and it would always get red and inflamed, and BP would not help it, and I tried for months. But using the zinc cream, and in 3 days (I only put it on at night before bed) it was healed. I also had dry flaky irritated skin on my nose, and def didnt want to put BP on it, since it would burn, and the zinc helped to clear that up too. And on actual pimples, it helps to clear them up without overdrying, burning or itching. the downside - its 10 bucks or so for a 1oz tube, but you use so little."

That is awesome :) Thanks for your feedback! Do you still suffer in any other areas? How long did it take zinc to work? Also, did you notice an oil production decrease?

The usual. Cheeks, Chin, Neck. For me It was so long ago I don't know how long it took to work. I was just a young kid and didn't have a clue about diet and acne. I thank my dad for helping me out.

I have gone without out Zinc. And it creeps back slowly. I think its all about having a steady supply and getting rid of the deficiency. I think the majority of Americans have a deficiency.

I just went and bought the same ones you did Romeo. I grabbed two bottles. :)

I'll start taking them as soon as we know how much copper we should be taking. 15mg:1mg ratio?

While reading through Zinc reviews on Acne.org, a few people mentioned buying this Zinc cream by accident, not knowing anything about it, and having incredible results with it clrearing up their skin entirely as well as fading away red marks. Way better the BP and without any drying, flakiness, or irritation. I couldn't find this at Walgreens. Think its worth a shot?

Here is the revies:

"I'm a 39-year-old female still suffering with acne. I've been using a 50 mg supplement but didn't see any real results until I purchased MARGARITE ZINC CREAM. It can be purchased on Amazon. That stuff is AWESOME! After only four days I saw incredible results. My skin hasn't been this clear in a long, long time. I have spent more money trying to clear up my acne by purchasing over-the-counter products, the Obagi skin care line, essential oils, glycolic peels. Nothing worked. But this stuff is great and very affordable! I'm only using it one time a day, usually at night. I have never posted on any board before but I felt like I had to tell everybody else who is suffering from acne."

And another one:

"Well, Im not using a zinc supplement, but rather a zinc cream I found at the health food store. Its in a plain white box, I think the brand name is Margarite or something like that. But. This zinc cream is amazing! It works just as well if not better than benzoyl peroxide, but it doesnt burn or dry or irritate! And the upside - its tinted, so it evens out the redness of acne, so you could use it during the day as a concealer too. I had this ingrown hair on my jawline, and it would always get red and inflamed, and BP would not help it, and I tried for months. But using the zinc cream, and in 3 days (I only put it on at night before bed) it was healed. I also had dry flaky irritated skin on my nose, and def didnt want to put BP on it, since it would burn, and the zinc helped to clear that up too. And on actual pimples, it helps to clear them up without overdrying, burning or itching. the downside - its 10 bucks or so for a 1oz tube, but you use so little."

Wow, that is awesome 0_0

Also:

"I've had acne for years, I've tried everything, from natural cures to storebought items and this is the only thing that's worked for me. Since two weeks ago, when I started using the cream at night (although it can be used during the day too since it blends like a concealer), I haven't had any new breakouts or new zits and I'm very pleased with the product. It also works well on rashes."

Sounds like a dream! Like BP minus any dryness... worth a shot? Try it, I want to see how far I can go without any topicals and just diet changes. If it works for you and you try it, keep on posting, or if anyone does it for that matter.

I just went and bought the same ones you did Romeo. I grabbed two bottles. :)

I'll start taking them as soon as we know how much copper we should be taking. 15mg:1mg ratio?

That was fast! LOL

And was there copper there too? How much did the copper cost? (If you bought it).

I'm not sure about the copper amount, I'll let someone else post about that.

Here is the revies:

And another one:

Wow, that is awesome 0_0

Also:

"I've had acne for years, I've tried everything, from natural cures to storebought items and this is the only thing that's worked for me. Since two weeks ago, when I started using the cream at night (although it can be used during the day too since it blends like a concealer), I haven't had any new breakouts or new zits and I'm very pleased with the product. It also works well on rashes."

Sounds like a dream! Like BP minus any dryness... worth a shot? Try it, I want to see how far I can go without any topicals and just diet changes. If it works for you and you try it, keep on posting, or if anyone does it for that matter.

I was very interested too when I read the reviews. I'm on Dan's regime, but I hate the hassle of putting on the BP, and the overdrying of the skin, as well as having my skin look more oily with the BP on during the day when it gets hot. I would love to just be able to put on some Zinc cream at night, take some Oil Pills and Zinc pills, then not have to worry about putting anything else on my face in the morning.

The usual. Cheeks, Chin, Neck. For me It was so long ago I don't know how long it took to work. I was just a young kid and didn't have a clue about diet and acne. I thank my dad for helping me out.

I have gone without out Zinc. And it creeps back slowly. I think its all about having a steady supply and getting rid of the deficiency. I think the majority of Americans have a deficiency.

I swear, same here.. long time ago I would eat so much crap, it's all catching up.. so deficient in everything, (teenage years).

Try fish oil, maybe that will help with the rest of your issues. That was what helped me with those issues (the same areas you are having problems with mainly). Hopefully that works for you.

Thanks for your feedback by the way, it's really helpful!

how is it that the zinc actually works. cos its actually a metal isnt it?

It's one of those elements needed in our body that is crucial, yet we don't get enough of due to the adaptation of diet that has happened over the years, much like omega 3.

http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/slidesho...p;imageindex=10

What it does:

Zinc is integral to almost every cell of the human body, from keeping the immune system healthy to regulating testosterone.

:)

Regulating hormones and cell functioning is the key to success.

By the way, check out the reviews on Amazon.com. Everone seems to love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Zinc-Cream-1-oz/dp/B...6305&sr=8-3

Will you be purchasing it to try it out?

thank god there is topic on this. I've been looking into zinc myself lately. I've tried the cream. Without much success, it wasn't miracolous at all. I really wanted to ask someone that could answer this though, I'm taking 50 mg of zinc do I need to supplement copper?

how is it that the zinc actually works. cos its actually a metal isnt it?

It's one of those elements needed in our body that is crucial, yet we don't get enough of due to the adaptation of diet that has happened over the years, much like omega 3.

http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/slidesho...p;imageindex=10

What it does:

Zinc is integral to almost every cell of the human body, from keeping the immune system healthy to regulating testosterone.

:)

Regulating hormones and cell functioning is the key to success.

By the way, check out the reviews on Amazon.com. Everone seems to love it.

http://www.amazon.com/Zinc-Cream-1-oz/dp/B...6305&sr=8-3

Will you be purchasing it to try it out?

Just placed my order. Should get here in about a week or so. I will keep you updated. Im still planning on taking 30mg of Zinc twice a day though.

thank god there is topic on this. I've been looking into zinc myself lately. I've tried the cream. Without much success, it wasn't miracolous at all. I really wanted to ask someone that could answer this though, I'm taking 50 mg of zinc do I need to supplement copper?

You've tried that same cream I just posted about?

So far, the readings say that if you go above 100 mg you need copper, 50 should be fine, but I may be wrong. Plus, I can't find where to get copper supplements from?