Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For some reason my skin looks clear and "Nice".....i've just started taking 50mg of Zinc per day...

I bought a nice bottle of 100, 50mg pills...and plan to have it last 3 months...which for $4, i can't complain.

The only thing i've changed is the Zinc...i take a 50mg pill after i eat a lot of food to avoid the stomach aches it can apparently cause ( i don't feel like finding out for myself so i take people's advice) Other than that...i'm not sure if it's the Zinc...

Will you see results from Zinc, when you've only taken it for 5 days?

Ps. What other Vitamins are cheap, that i can take and see significant results? NO B5 please...

Guest ~Wolfy~
For some reason my skin looks clear and "Nice".....i've just started taking 50mg of Zinc per day...

I bought a nice bottle of 100, 50mg pills...and plan to have it last 3 months...which for $4, i can't complain.

The only thing i've changed is the Zinc...i take a 50mg pill after i eat a lot of food to avoid the stomach aches it can apparently cause ( i don't feel like finding out for myself so i take people's advice) Other than that...i'm not sure if it's the Zinc...

What about Vitamin A?

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?produ...rentPage=family

Now, what i don't get is....is this Vitamin A, or Fish oil? Or is it both? I like GNC because i work 2 buildings down from it...so it's REALLY easy to go their...

I was looking into Vitamin A and Fish oil....Omega 3 or whatever it is...but i don't know what this stuff is in the link above...it says; " Each serving supplies 10,000 IU of Vitamin A as Fish Liver Oil."

Oh and how much should i take if i do get it? It say's it's 10,000 IU's ....

Guest ~Wolfy~

Vitamin A is toxic in large doses, if you want to do that, get Accutane.

Could very well possibly be!

This is getting me even more interested in taking it. Keep us posted and let us know how it goes!

WOW.....looking in the mirror...something is doing something. My skin looks GOOD....damn GOOD....

My nose ( my only bad area) is clearing up insanely fast...my skin, pores and everything else look smaller and just overall very good....

The only thing i've changed was adding Zinc...this is now the 6th day...sweet jesus...if paying $4 for 100 pills of Zinc is what keeps me clear....then you can expect me to pop 1, 50mg pill a day without problems.

For people who take Zinc....does it's effects wear off? Or are they constant? Will my body eventually get used to the Zinc and go back to normal?

Hmmm... interesting. Please keep us updated. :) Good luck with your skin improving.

Nothing else that you have changed at all? Any dietary changes other than zinc?

WOW.....looking in the mirror...something is doing something. My skin looks GOOD....damn GOOD....

My nose ( my only bad area) is clearing up insanely fast...my skin, pores and everything else look smaller and just overall very good....

The only thing i've changed was adding Zinc...this is now the 6th day...sweet jesus...if paying $4 for 100 pills of Zinc is what keeps me clear....then you can expect me to pop 1, 50mg pill a day without problems.

For people who take Zinc....does it's effects wear off? Or are they constant? Will my body eventually get used to the Zinc and go back to normal?

Ps. What other Vitamins are cheap, that i can take and see significant results? NO B5 please...

want vitamin A ?

tomatoes

carrots

broccoli

spinach

romaine lettuce

etc.

don't bother with pills for it

I have a few questions, sorry it's lengthy but this will help everyone :) So please do answer when you can!

What time of the day are you taking it?

What do you take it with (food wise).

Describe the severity of your acne and where it primarily is?

Also, what's your normal diet like?

Thanks!

Quite possibly is the zinc! When I started taking it I had very good results within a week, but took up to a month to get the full effects. In my first week I took 25mg, then I upped to 50mg. At that level you need to watch out for copper depletion - many multivitamins (which you should take anyway) have the 2mg of copper you will need if you're taking 50+mg of zinc.

As pointed out here, its best to take zinc after a meal, as it can cause stomach upsets (I haven't personally had this problem, and have occasionally taken them on an empty stomach without problem).

Also avoid taking it with any milk products or food that is high in calcium, as zinc and calcium compete for absorption (with calcium usually winning by the sheer quantity).

Also the form of zinc you're taking can be important. I take chelated zinc gluconate: the gluconate part is important... you can get other forms but apparently gluconate is the best for rapid digestion/absorption. I can't remember where I read that but there are a couple of studies if you google it.

I'm currently phasing in fish oil, but zinc has been the thing that has cured the majority of my acne. Good luck :)!

i take 5000 i.u vitamin a, 2000 of vitamin c, and 175 of zinc a day. vitamins cant cure acne

(been using for about 4 months)

Guest ~Wolfy~
As pointed out here, its best to take zinc after a meal, as it can cause stomach upsets (I haven't personally had this problem, and have occasionally taken them on an empty stomach without problem).

i take 5000 i.u vitamin a, 2000 of vitamin c, and 175 of zinc a day. vitamins cant cure acne

(been using for about 4 months)

Quite possibly is the zinc! When I started taking it I had very good results within a week, but took up to a month to get the full effects. In my first week I took 25mg, then I upped to 50mg. At that level you need to watch out for copper depletion - many multivitamins (which you should take anyway) have the 2mg of copper you will need if you're taking 50+mg of zinc.

Also avoid taking it with any milk products or food that is high in calcium, as zinc and calcium compete for absorption (with calcium usually winning by the sheer quantity).

Also the form of zinc you're taking can be important. I take chelated zinc gluconate: the gluconate part is important... you can get other forms but apparently gluconate is the best for rapid digestion/absorption. I can't remember where I read that but there are a couple of studies if you google it.

I'm currently phasing in fish oil, but zinc has been the thing that has cured the majority of my acne. Good luck :)!