Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeautifulSkinAgain

Help! Scars are worse than I thought

Please help! I took these photos tonight and my scars and skin are worse than I even thought! I can't believe what people must think when they meet me!

What can I do for the texture of my skin and indentations! IS THERE ANY HELP FOR ME?

I FEEL HOPELESS NOW! I LOOK HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!

Please help! I took these photos tonight and my scars and skin are worse than I even thought! I can't believe what people must think when they meet me!

What can I do for the texture of my skin and indentations! IS THERE ANY HELP FOR ME?

you barely have any scarring. i think fraxel would work well for you, since you have only rolling scars.

Please remember that digital pics appear to make things worse than they are! Particularly if you're in unnatural lighting when you take the pics!!!

I have found that a 10% glycolic acid product is working very well for me. It is from Avon. It's the Anew line, the Retexturizing Peel. I've been using it for a bit longer than two months. My skin is softer, the wrinkles are diminished, AND the scars are lessened. I also did a TCA CROSS on myself, so that is also one reason my skin is better.

People have noticed the change. One person even remarked that one side appears better than the other. It used to be the worst side, so I had been putting the peel on that side first and longest. Now...I could almost...almost cry at the happy change in my skin. My skin was terrific for my wedding yesterday. Good luck to you! :)

Please remember that digital pics appear to make things worse than they are! Particularly if you're in unnatural lighting when you take the pics!!!

I have found that a 10% glycolic acid product is working very well for me. It is from Avon. It's the Anew line, the Retexturizing Peel. I've been using it for a bit longer than two months. My skin is softer, the wrinkles are diminished, AND the scars are lessened. I also did a TCA CROSS on myself, so that is also one reason my skin is better.

People have noticed the change. One person even remarked that one side appears better than the other. It used to be the worst side, so I had been putting the peel on that side first and longest. Now...I could almost...almost cry at the happy change in my skin. My skin was terrific for my wedding yesterday. Good luck to you! :)

After opening up to my wife and telling her that my emotional problems stem from my skin she tells me "to get a grip." This is the real reason I am so up and down all the time; yet she tells me to "get a grip." What do I do? IF she won't allow me to feel waht I feel for very real reasons.

...After opening up to my wife and telling her that my emotional problems stem from my skin she tells me "to get a grip." This is the real reason I am so up and down all the time; yet she tells me to "get a grip." What do I do? IF she won't allow me to feel waht I feel for very real reasons.

After opening up to my wife and telling her that my emotional problems stem from my skin she tells me "to get a grip." This is the real reason I am so up and down all the time; yet she tells me to "get a grip." What do I do? IF she won't allow me to feel waht I feel for very real reasons.

Everyone keeps saying his skin isn't bad. If he thinks it's bad and he wants to fix it, then he should go ahead and find ways to fix it.

I'd also agree with Fraxel b/c that seems to be agreed upon to be the best "solution" of rolling scars.

I think the point your wife is making is that u are complaining about nothing in her eyes she doesnt see anything wrong with you. If she doesnt then aint that a good thing that you should follow and just concentrate on being a happier person which your wife would appreciate much more then you feeling sorry for yourself, after all you are A MAN

I recommend the fillers Restylane or Juvederm. They are temporary, but there is a long term improvement too. So for about 1000+ dollars a years you can have your biggest scars fairly smoothed out for most of the time.

I think other people's perception of defects in others is about 1/2 of what oneself thinks of their own defects. The way a person looks to others can't be captured by a still image. So don't get too hung up on it. It sucks to have scars, but we have better options now than we did in the past. Work on what you can change to make yourself feel better. Improve your career, your body, your mind, your karma etc...

lucky your scarring is rolling type and not icepicks or something. to be honest it looks ok. not bad. not perfect but not bad.

5-6 fraxels and you'd be much better. other than that any other treatment will make it worse.

sorry that your wife reacted so insensitively. people don't understand that men feel pressure to look good just as women do, just maybe not to as great an extent.

if you really want to get something done about it, why don't you make an appointment with a plastic surgeon for a consultation. sometimes just having a professional assess the situation will give you a new and more objective perspective on how you really look. even if you decide not to go ahead and do anything, it still might make you feel better.

Oh no! You may have to rip your face off and get a new one. With scars as bad as that, not even the strongest fraxel beam can save you and your marriage.

But seriously, it isnt that bad. Go in for fraxel because it will work best with rolling scars.

I only see really one very obvious scar which is on the left? side. What you may be bummed about is your skin tone which is not bad really but looks like you have a bit of sun damage which can easily be remedied with some over the counter products. I think this may be giving your skin an unrealistic uneven tone which in reality you don't have bad scarring at all. Chill. :dance:

I know sometimes we can focus on our faults and even magnify them to ourselves but like a few mentioned if you want alot of improvement, fraxel seems like it would help any scarring as well as tone or aging issues. Alot of otc products may help as well if you don't want to spend the $$ on fraxel. Rememer also, people don't normally get 6 inches from your face and focus on one area of skin. Most people focus on the eyes.

I recommend the fillers Restylane or Juvederm. They are temporary, but there is a long term improvement too. So for about 1000+ dollars a years you can have your biggest scars fairly smoothed out for most of the time.

I think other people's perception of defects in others is about 1/2 of what oneself thinks of their own defects. The way a person looks to others can't be captured by a still image. So don't get too hung up on it. It sucks to have scars, but we have better options now than we did in the past. Work on what you can change to make yourself feel better. Improve your career, your body, your mind, your karma etc...

Thanks for ALL OF THE RESPONSES! You guys are a real help to me.

Everyone is saying go for Fraxel. I wonder if needeling and fraxel will work? How about TCA, needeling and fraxel? I'm willing to spend 10 grand to look good again. I can't go on like this. It's the biggest cause of emotional baggage I have.

Hey there...

I want to encourage people as much as the next guy but I am going to be realistic with you. I can see that you fall into the same category as I did when I started to get scars all over my face. They have devastated you and they devastate me as well.

The problem is that the intense negative emotion attached to the scars almost feeds a sense of undying hope that there MUST be something that can remove the scars. I kept thinking..."I got these scars, I must be able to undo them some how."

The bottom line is that you will always have noticeable scarring on your face. I seems evident from your posts that this probably means that you may never be completely happy or comfortable in your life. I know that I will always have noticeable scarring on my face (after 8 years of treating my scars...they are actually worse!) and I know that I will never be happy or content with my life for one second of one day for the rest of my life.

You mentioned spending $10,000 to get rid of your scars. You can spend 10 million and you will still not remove the scars. Scars come but they never leave. It is one of the sad facts of existance that we with facial scars have to deal with.

Yes, it is true that the tremendous anxiety that accompanies scarring is something that those without can NEVER understand. Only we can understand what it is like to go through this, and only we can understand that this pain will never subside for most of us.

Look, I could tell you, "Hand in there buddy, you'll eventually be able to make those scars undetectable, but anyone that says that to you is lying and doing you a great disservice.

I have been having that same feeling over the last couple of years. I'm only 21 years old but it seems like the scars I got from acne just came out of nowhere. I guess I was paying more attention to the pimples and little if any to the scars they left. My father had acne much more severe than mine (I saw pictures) and the scarring(indentations not discoloration) that it left was terrible but when I look in his face today he only has very few of those scars. Some of the scars he has I was there when he got them (surgery), I don't understand how somebody's indented scars can almost disappear, and be as if they were never there the way his did. He didn't have any acne scar treatments done for them to improved. He even had scars on his forehead.

How often does that happen? Does it mean mine may do the same?

from those pics they dont look that bad at all .. at all

By the sounds of it your wife doesnt think they are that bad either. but if you want to do something get fraxel done.. someone recomened temp fillers.. they are good though your bubble is burst really when they have diminishing returns.

perm fillers will do well on the 2 depressed scars i can do.

dont stress so much mate, ur skin doesnt look dodgy at all.