Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

...the marks left after acne. I am not talking about the red marks that disappear in a few days/weeks. but the "brown" marks that seem to stay forever!!??

As my main problem is not acne (i think, touch wood) it is gone now...but the "brown" marks left behind on my forehead. This has left me in a worse state of depression that the actual acne i used to have. As the marks don't seem to disappear.

If anyone knows of anything that may help this, i would very much appreciate it. (i as here as i live in the uk)

Thanks,

~BjorkniSs~

hey man im not sure yet but thats what im after, sounds like ur in exactly the same boat as me, good luck

The brown spots are probably pigmentations related to healing and will fade with time. In the meantime...SUNSCREEN...it will help keep them from getting darker. Also the Fade Out you spoke of is probably a hydroquinone preparation. They work well. Just be careful in application and only apply to the spots you want to lighten because it will also lighten the surrounding tissue. Good luck!

to the original poster...

search for products containing kohjic acid, alpha hydroxy acids, mandelic acid. The are all exfoliating/peeling agents rather than bleaching agents. The marks will fade eventually on their own also.