Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rukahscap

what does aloe-vera gel do exactly for your skin?

I started using it a few weeks ago, but only once in a while. But when I started using it I had a huge red blotch on my cheek and now it faded it almost 100%. Also its helped with my red marks and my face is starting to look good. The last time it was this clear was about four months ago. So if you could post your results with aloe vera that would be nice.

It GREATLY helped fade my red marks. I never used mandelic acid so I can't really compare, but within maybe a little over a month my worst red marks were barely visible. I put it on my face before bedtime.

aloe vera is great for numerous things. sunburns, acne etc etc. I used it when my face turned pink (when i was on accutane) and noticed it helped with acne too! I'm guessing it dries out pimples. i'm glad you've found something that works.

Can someone please recommend a type or brand of aloe vera gel? I really wanna try it out but have no idea where and which one to purchase. Thanks.

Fruit of the Earth has 100% Aloe Vera in it. It comes in a pump bottle and has a soothing effect on my skin. I'm not sure if this is true but I remember hearing that aloe vera is a natural exfoliant and is known for its healing properties. Maybe that's why it works so well. I haven't tried using it on red marks but now it seems like a good idea.

this sounds really promosing..my skin is quite red at times and looks patchy so even when my skin clears up abit my overall skin texture is crap! even having only 2 zits on my forehead(when im very lucky!!) looks bad because my skin is so blotchy. Im gonna go try to buy some aloe vera tomo (hopefully safeway or sumwhere like that will have some) do you guys think this would help with the problem i've just described? oh yeh also..can u use it as a moisturizer?

Yes aloe-vera can be used as a moisturizer I use it regularly and works fine. As for blotchy skin it might help out. It really depends if you have something like Tinea versicolor which is just fungus on the skin then yes it'll help. Aloe kills bacteria and fungus thats why its used for wounds, burns and things of that sort. Aloe helps alot with redness i have seen a huge improvement in my skins condition. I'am trying my best to keep it up.

thanks for replying. hopefully i can get some today. Im really glad its working 4 u! hopefully it will calm my redness down aswell, and my skin will probably be glad of abreak from all tht harsh stuff i usually put on it! lol. hope u keep up the good progress smile.gif

i used to use it to make my red marks fade, and to a degree it did. However i stopped using all bp about three weeks ago. For a few days my face looked awful but then every single red mark i had during my bp usage vanished. I'm feeling a lot better being off the regimin. Salicylic Acid doesnt work miracles, but i'm getting better slowly. Its got to a point where if i missed one application i would break out horribly. After i stopped i had to bear a week of about a million awful red marks on top of about a million white heads that were just supressed by the bp.

Dan i seriously think you should warn people that BP can have these effects if your going to be promoting a regimin based on it. I was fairly horrified by what happened and thers no way i'm going back on it.

i haven't been using it for long, but it's helped soften my skin and even out my skin tone. h opefully eventually it'll help fade brown marks from old acne

i recommend fruit of the earth.

user posted image

I also quit using BP and have noticed a much healthier complexion. Also my red marks are almost a 100% gone thanks to Aloe-vera.

dont know if it is too early to say, bought some yesterday from asda, dnt think its 100% but i looked at the ingredients and it doesnt have a whole bunch of junk in it. Anyway it was really moisturizing without making my skin greasy and it absorbs in soo quickly. fingers crossed, seems to be doing the job, today my friend actually commented on how nice my skin looked ( trust me i dont get that very often!!) i dont wanna get my hopes up ..hope its goin well for everyone else

Yeah it works nice as a moisturizer and i think its water based so it wont clog pores. I also notice my skin looks nice and sof with a peach color to it after i apply the aloe-vera

Where can I get those Fruit Of the Earth Aloe vera gel? I was at safeway today and didn't find any of those.. only Banana Boat brand or something like that... those any good?

hi! have u all heard of this brand of aloe vera gel known as Jorubi Aloe vera gel? the ingredients are as follows:

Aloe Juice, water, Propyleneglycol, carbmoer-940, triethanolamine, imidazolidinyl urea and methylparaben

What do you guys think of it? i cant find Fruit Of the Earth Aloe vera gel anywhere in my country, so it seems that the aloe vera gel im using is the next best alternative. I'd like to hear ur opinions. Thanx!

Where can I get those Fruit Of the Earth Aloe vera gel? I was at safeway today and didn't find any of those.. only Banana Boat brand or something like that... those any good?