Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As a former long time acne sufferer I had tried everything. Any product you could think of and even some of the methods I learned from this board. Now at the age of 22 after 9 long years I am completely free of it and know that i will never have it again.

How did I do this? I stopped BELIEVING i had it. You don't realize the power you have.

I realized after all these years I was trying to FIX the problem. When really the only problem I had was in my mind. After having it for so long you start to believe "okay this is it, this is how my skin will be all my life" and guess what? that comes true and you keep suffering from it.

You need to realize that YOU are PERFECT, all of us were created in God's eyes and he doesn't make mistakes.

"Whatever ye shall ask in prayer, believing ye shall recieve" Matthew 21:22

"What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them" Mark 11:24

"All that we are is a result of what we have thought" Buddha

Please realize that i am not nor have I ever been an extremely spiritual person, yeah I believed in God but I didn't attend church but maybe once a year. So don't think I'm trying to force religion on you but it's hard not to quote these when they are so true.

You need to realize that whatever you think about you bring about. So right now no matter how bad things seem you can create a new you with your thought. Have you ever heard "You have to think big to be big" or "You have to think rich and prosperous to be it" or "As the rich get richer, the poor get poorer." So you see, not only does this rule apply to your skin, but to your entire life.

YOU create YOURSElF so right now you can change whatever situation you are in, DECIDE what you want and TAKE it.

If you FEEL GOOD you will create more situations to make you FEEL GOOD.

Your'e brain is PERFECT, it creates whatever you think about, think GOOD THOUGHTS and you will bring GOOD THINGS.

LOVE YOURSELF or else noone else will love you.

If you start FEELING not just THINKING your skin is perfect, then that's just what it will be PERFECT.

NEVER let people on the outside affect how you FEEL on the INSIDE, YOU control how you feel.

Please realize that i am not preaching. I am not trying to tell you what to do because only you can do that. But please realize that whatever you BELIEVE will be true, so if you think that all this is just a bunch of nonsense then that's just what it will be because you BELIEVED that (so you see it works for everyone everytime).

If I can help 1 person with this post then my goal will be accomplished, i will not be posting after this.

I am sooooooo sick of hearing people yip on about the secret. enough already, we get it...you "will" your way but convincing yourself of something.

riiiiiight. I'll just thinkthinkthink until my 10 years of acne disappear. and im also purple.

This might be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. I suppose all those with cancer and AIDS can "will" themselves better too, right?

This might be one of the stupidest things I've ever read. I suppose all those with cancer and AIDS can "will" themselves better too, right?

Even science admits the placebo effect exists, which basically proves your mind has a lot to do with the way your body works.

Remember guys, parachutes and minds both work best when they're open.

I personally believe the secret dumbs down the truth behind its message. I think a lot of what it says is fundamentally true, but they explain it very poorly.

If you focus on good things, you will tend to see the good in things. You will notice opportunities that you otherwise wouldn't, try harder in things you want to excel in, keep an open mind to all possibilities and routes to your final goal, etc.

It's not like if you think about something or believe it will happen long enough it magically happens. Positive thinking is simply a way to keep yourself on track to reach your ultimate goals.

How did I do this? I stopped BELIEVING i had it. You don't realize the power you have.

I realized after all these years I was trying to FIX the problem.

You need to realize that YOU are PERFECT, all of us were created in God's eyes and he doesn't make mistakes.

mental thought is fundamentally physiological which is ultimately physical, so conscious thought can affect your physiology, it's actually kind of obvious when u think about the nature of nerves, nerve connections, stress, arousal, behavioural/emotional addictions. nothing airy fairy, just from critical evidence

mental thought is fundamentally physiological which is ultimately physical, so conscious thought can affect your physiology, it's actually kind of obvious when u think about the nature of nerves, nerve connections, stress, arousal, behavioural/emotional addictions. nothing airy fairy, just from critical evidence

I personally believe the secret dumbs down the truth behind its message. I think a lot of what it says is fundamentally true, but they explain it very poorly.

If you focus on good things, you will tend to see the good in things. You will notice opportunities that you otherwise wouldn't, try harder in things you want to excel in, keep an open mind to all possibilities and routes to your final goal, etc.

It's not like if you think about something or believe it will happen long enough it magically happens. Positive thinking is simply a way to keep yourself on track to reach your ultimate goals.

I, being a current philosophy major, found 'The Secret' to have many flaws in its entirety.

Most of the interviews were wrong (there was one philosopher who should have been fired for the statements he made) and the overall presentation was cheap. The formula for 'The Secret' has always been here, this was another get rich quick schemes by buying its DVD and book.

Though, I must concede, the knowledge this book brought fourth may have helped people, I still feel that it needed work.

Also people dont create themselves, everyone is born with certain ascribed identities, that will impinge on who you are.

I've seens the Secret come up so many times on these forums. Look, if you believe in it, well then thats your belief, dont let anyone tell you your wrong. You control your world. I do believe in the Secret. I've read people saying the Secret could help acne by actually visualising antibodies being sent by the body to attack the acne bacteria, and you can visualise the cells healing/repairing and ultimately seeing yourself with clear skin. Visualising is the key. The law of attraction states that the more and more you think of something, the more the universe will bring it closer to you.

The Secret is very controversial, there will be believers and skeptics. I dont disrespect or think anyone is stupid just because they don't believe in it, thats purely their choice and they have that right. But also remember the people that DO believe in The Secret, also have that right. Only YOU should be in control of your own world.

So...why do we all develop diseases in the first place? Is it because we think about it too much? I know that when I was 15 I didn't really think about acne until spots started appearing on my face.

Also people dont create themselves, everyone is born with certain ascribed identities, that will impinge on who you are.

Please go back to school, this statement is completely false. Sorry to be blunt.

The Secret didn't really work for me.

I decided to be confident about myself and to not stress about my skin at all, the result of that after a couple of weeks? Disgustingly horrible skin. It was strange because as I was on top of the world in confidence I looked in the mirror in the car and my world came tumbling down.

However, I have noticed that even in my dreams I have bad skin... I do believe in the power of the mind over the body but I'm not sure about it when it comes to acne.

Please go back to school, this statement is completely false. Sorry to be blunt.