Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hello! there may well be a topic like this one already but I don't know where to begin looking, there's so many!

well, I have been using duac for about 8 months and am really pleased with the results. I still get about 3 or 4 large spots a week which I could totally live with, but unfortunately each one is leaving an icepick scar. I am so distressed by this, I mean it is totally sickening. I would gladly go back to being really spotty and having no scars than just a little bit spotty and having cheeks and lower jaw covered in scars.

I went to a derm last october and she suggested i go on antibiotics as well as duac which I wanted to resist because i dodnt want to be taking any more drugs. Also minocin worked for me for about 4 months and then it stopped suddenly, I had the mother of all break outs and henceforth have had scars ever since. It is so annoying! I feel like a second rate person because of this cursed affliction! I have so many blessings but why, WHY is it me that has pustules, black heads, open pores and icepick scars?! I hope someone out there can advise me about antibiotics and someone can be a kindred spirit! Please tell me you all feel totally frustrated and angry that we have these spots for apparently no reason!

thanks love Éowyn

hello! there may well be a topic like this one already but I don't know where to begin looking, there's so many!

well, I have been using duac for about 8 months and am really pleased with the results. I still get about 3 or 4 large spots a week which I could totally live with, but unfortunately each one is leaving an icepick scar. I am so distressed by this, I mean it is totally sickening. I would gladly go back to being really spotty and having no scars than just a little bit spotty and having cheeks and lower jaw covered in scars.

I went to a derm last october and she suggested i go on antibiotics as well as duac which I wanted to resist because i dodnt want to be taking any more drugs. Also minocin worked for me for about 4 months and then it stopped suddenly, I had the mother of all break outs and henceforth have had scars ever since. It is so annoying! I feel like a second rate person because of this cursed affliction! I have so many blessings but why, WHY is it me that has pustules, black heads, open pores and icepick scars?! I hope someone out there can advise me about antibiotics and someone can be a kindred spirit! Please tell me you all feel totally frustrated and angry that we have these spots for apparently no reason!

thanks love Éowyn

I think you should try another Antibiotic. There arent any harms long term. I was on antibiotics for 9 years, and my skin was never perfect but controlled. Since then I have been breaking out worse. Tell her you need another antibiotic since you became immune to the Minocin. Topicals can only clear up people who have minor acne. I was on Duac for a year with no changes. Good luck!

thanks sarah. I was also wondering if anyone else feels they get scars because of their topical treatment? I feel that duac dries out my face so much that it is the reason I'm getting these scars, because the scabs dry up prematurely? I don't pick my spots so why else would I be getting these results.

SO I'm in a catch 22 cos if I stop using duac then I break out - i missed two days out and I've got 4 very large very painful pustules as a result :(