Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Acne

Should we be trying to lower or for acne?

Bodybuilding/Lifting

Should we be trying to increase this?

Guest Stu :-)

Acne and Bodybuilding really seem to go against each other in a way which kinda sucks. Boy i would gain so quickly if i could take what i would call the normal bodybuilder diet. i.e lots of carbs, proteins shakes, creatine, peanut butter lol.. list goes on.

From what i remember reading, don't they promote the idea of a IGF/insulin spike prior to a lifting session. So your muscles can obtain maximum nutrients? Ive never really bothered trying to spike it, just eat normally, or healthly shall i say and lift. I guess having a good work out leaves you less resistant to insulin too.

Im unfortuantely not on any supplements at all. Mackeral, chicken, quinoa,long and slow way but it is working.

Well im using CKD which is kinda acne free when you get protein you are fine with. As for lifting I only lift once or twice per week doing the basic compound movements to failure. However this gives the higest surge in HGH, IGF-1 and Testosterone so in terms of acne im screwed in theory...but im still refining this so maybe I can build and be clear at the same time? Ive detoxed and become clear before but I looked under weight and got bored of eating massive amounts of Veg. Time for BP again I think -_-

Guest Stu :-)

That is strange mate. I lift myself, but the more i work out, i don't see an increase in acne. Maybe it comes down to that "were all different" theory. But there is one thing that sounds like a piece in your puzzle. The less you eat, the more you clean up. My acne is all Intesinal related.. If your loading more, have you added an extra few things that might contrubute? Ive had to cut everything, including gluten.. but i can safely eat chicken/macerkal rice etc in small mods. Do you have any other symptoms, like bad gas, bowel inflamtion, cramps, brain fog?

Nah...I feel great..on a high Alkaline diet and a pure protein diet even. Ive changed about 5 things recently so im going to watch out...I dont eat any carbs and for the meal I do its spuds, using fat for fuel basically. At least I have a fall back like you say.

I am not sure that weight lifting makes acne worse. I know it raises many hormones, but it also increases insulin sensitivity. Since I have started eating Paleo and lifting weights again, I have noticed my acne improve.

hmm me2 last few times I lifted last year...but reading through SweetJades posts about IGF-1 and IGF-3 im unsure about which is doing what and why.

increases testosterone which probably increases DHT and oil production/inflammation

but intense lifting also causes a good increase in insulin sensitivity

and i would prefer to be fit and muscular rather than fit and thin considering my body proportions

(big head)

i take a few scoops of a whey isolate/concentrate in water with some honey after the workout and i really notice a faster muscle recovery compared to whole food sources after a workout, if that whey drink is causing skin problems eventually then that is too bad because i need it

i still eat a few (1-3) slices of multigrain bread a day which i should probably cut out just to be safe, and i don't eat any grains anymore after lunch, for dinner it's tons of veggies/legumes + chicken/fish

avoiding:

nuts/seeds/cooking oils

beef/pork

potatoes/bananas/only eat 1-3 fruits per day

whole food dairy

any sweeteners (except a little honey)

i don't notice much correlation between the compound exercises like squats and acne for myself, the compound exercises just cause more sweat