Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone here ever used "AcniDazil" ?

Its a cream I used when I was 16 and it cleared me totally.The results were fast and effective and it got deep down into the pores nuking everything whilst at the same time being very very kind to the skin.

I dont know if its still sold but its highly effective,and Im not one to use creams but thats 1 in a million.

Yeah I've seen a lot of people raving about it, but I think almost all of them also mentioned that it's not around any more... quite a shame.

Yes thats most likely true....as it was 10 years ago when I got it.

Its searchable on the net though and its only a matter of getting a match in ingredients with similar products that are around today.

Its possible it could be available in countrys such as germany and places like that....Im gonna look into it as it was absolutely fantastic.

I really dont know why it was discontinued.......maybe they were paid off by other companys that wanted to sell their stuff lol.

Its the next best thing u will get to a cure.

Yeah, I just went to the Janssen-Cilag website and they don't seem to make it anymore... I bet you could find the ingredients in some other product like you said, tho. #-o

Hey, I did a search for the ingredients in AcniDazil, and another product called ACNECLEAR came up. Interesting it is/was also made by Janssen-Cilag. Hmm. So I searched for AcneClear and this is what I came up with:

http://www.pharmacyhealth.net/d/acneclear-1954.htm

Dunno if it's the exact same stuff because it doesn't say anything about the second ingredient that wasn't benzoyl peroxide that the acnidazil had in it.

Thats interesting.....maybe it was just a name change afterall? ...hmmm would be interesting to get in touch with the makers of this stuff.

I've just emailed JANSSEN-CILAG to see what the story is on the product...whether its been renamed or if theres any chance of getting it back in some form or other.

I know one of the ingredients is to treat vaginal thrush I think or something lol :-k

I just got a reply from them but its a no go Im afraid.

Heres one paragraph from the email :-

Thank you for your e-mail dated 2nd January 2004 concerning Acnidazil. Unfortunately this product was discontinued in the UK in March 2000 due to commercial reasons. Consequently there are no plans for Janssen-Cilag UK Ltd to market this product again in the UK in the near future.

:-({|=

Yes,its mainly used for fungial type conditions such as vaginal thrush.

Very effective in treating acne though so I dont know why its not more commonly used.

Johnson & Johnson use it in Monistat for that fungal yeast infection, they should put it in some of their clean & clear stuff to see what results they get, and i was on the J&J site neutrogena was affiliated in a way i believe which is suspicious. Has anyone used monistat on their face for acne? I doubt it. www.janssen.com was listed as one of J&J's operating companies...

Re Acnidazil....

Guys, Im not a major suffered of acne but am 44 years old and still get spots. 10 years ago a phamacist I went to in desperation on a really bad day told me to try Acnidazil. I did and it has changed my life... literally

When it becase discontinued in the UK, I searched for alternatives and found one, an exact match... but you cant get it in the UK, its made by a swiss compamy, but you can also but it in Germany (I have a friend in Germany who keeps me in supplies)

The name of the cream is:

Acne Creme Plus by Widmer - Louis Widmer AG Zurich

Ingredients: Benzoyl Peroxide 50g and Miconazole Nitrate 20g - exactly the same as Acnidazil

If you dont have any contacts in Germany or Switzerland, contact the company online, Im sure they would supply or at least point you to a web site where you could buy online

No other cream has come close to helping me... and Ive introdiced 2 friends to this cream as well... life changing is all they can say... no more meetings with a self conscious hand over my face to cover up the spots.

I think we should push for the UK companies to start producing it again... maybe they didn't make enough money out of it.

Im not sure that this will be a great deal better than BP alone, as the other ingredient seems to act in the same way :

Miconazole nitrate belongs to a class of drugs known as the imidazoles. It is principally an antifungal, but also has some antibacterial properties. When used against acne, it is these antibacterial properties which are being employed to reinforce the actions of the benzoyl peroxide.

I've recently ordered ya.

I ordered it too I'll keep u uptaded if I get it and start using it, hope this stuff really works, and I didn't waste my time and money on it biggrin.gif

Im not sure that this will be a great deal better than BP alone, as the other ingredient seems to act in the same way :

Miconazole nitrate belongs to a class of drugs known as the imidazoles. It is principally an antifungal, but also has some antibacterial properties. When used against acne, it is these antibacterial properties which are being employed to reinforce the actions of the benzoyl peroxide.

But good luck people smile.gif

is anyone still using this and seeing results?

Circle and others: did u have mild or moderate acne and how much did it clear u up? thanks.

is anyone still using this and seeing results?

Circle and others: did u have mild or moderate acne and how much did it clear u up? thanks.