Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oceanmist

how do u get ur 8-10 cups of water per day?

i try to drink 1.5-2L/day... but honestly.. sometimes i just can't. i try and drink in between meals... but it seems like sooo much water sometimes and makes my stomach sooo full and i get a headache if i drink too much water on an empty stomach.

any tips?

i try to drink 1.5-2L/day... but honestly.. sometimes i just can't. i try and drink in between meals... but it seems like sooo much water sometimes and makes my stomach sooo full and i get a headache if i drink too much water on an empty stomach.

any tips?

they have Natural Mountain Spring Water at Trader Joes that come in 25.3 fl oz bottles. They come in a 24 pack for $4 and some cents. How about you drink two of those, drink it slowly so you dont pee up a storm and you can drink mugs of water to. I guess that would help you get 8-10 glasses daily :shrug:

Don't drink more water than your body wants. It is good to always be hydrated, but you don't have to over do it.

I just stick with the idea of drinking when I am thirsty. I usually end up drinking about 8 or 9 glasses a day.

lol Dont listen to these crazy people. U gotta slowly build up your tolerance for more and more water. The body can only process 8 oz a hour. At first it will be tough. Drink 8 oz upon awaking then 8 oz shortly before and after each meal. Also 8 0z in between each meals. This strategy should help u work up way up to the necessary 1 qrt for every 50 pounds of body weight amount that u need.

U dot wat to over do it, ever drik utill u get headace or utill your stomach hurts lol thats not good for u under any circumstances. LISTEN to ur body

Carry a bottle of water around with you all day. If you see pics of me on this site that I post, you will usually see me rocking a 16 oz bottle of water. Case closed.

:ninja:

The 8-10 cups of water a day thing is bullshit.

Drink when you're thirsty.

Too much water is just as bad as not enough.

^i agree, i just get my water by drinking it, it's just 4 bottles a day. i could do that in one sitting. i love water.

Sorry, but if you were any more wrong, you would of set a Guiness Book of World Records for being most wrong. Case closed.

Dr Oz says you should drink enough that you could read through your pee (who is going to try that :o ) What is weird, through the day I cannot hardly stand water but in the evenings I cannot get enough; which is bad because then you have to pee all night.

I find chewing gum helps me drink water and also drinking it through a straw. Adding lemons (or any other fruit) help too.

Sorry, but if you were any more wrong, you would of set a Guiness Book of World Records for being most wrong. Case closed.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/story/2003/03/14/wa...sses030314.html

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/la-...1&cset=true

http://www.snopes.com/medical/myths/8glasses.asp

It turns out the 8-10 glasses thing is a myth. Read through those links. I usually end up drinking 8-10 anyway because that is how much it takes when I am thirsty. In the 2nd article it says how it can actually be quite bad to drink too much water. Interesting reads and goes against what most people have heard in their life.

I dont think its neccessary to drink TONS of water. At least not to the point where its becoming a stress for you. I dont see whats so hard about it though..I have a few glasses in the morning when I wake up, a few more later when I work out..then I have a couple glasses to take all my vitamins after I eat lunch (after, I dont drink anything with my meals). Thats like 6 glasses right there. Then I usually drink at least 3 glasses while Im at my job at night...thats 9..plus when I get home I take another couple glasses with my pills after dinner/before bed. SO Im getting like 12 a day on average. But Im not making any effort to drink extra water, thats just the amount I drink. I could drink a lot more than that when Im just sitting home. Im the type of person to always be drinking something, tea, water. Its just natural for me. You just gotta get used to the habit of it I guess.

And I agree it can be bad to drink too much. If you drink a lot make sure to get some {sea} salt or take something that has electrolytes in it to keep your balance.

Good argument, but sorry, I'm right.

I invite everyone who thinks that they need 8-10 glasses of water a day to just follow their thirst instead and see what happens. Some people may need more than 8-10 glasses while many will need much less.

I always have water with me whereever I go, in my car in my room etc

I love water

Dr Oz says you should drink enough that you could read through your pee (who is going to try that :o ) What is weird, through the day I cannot hardly stand water but in the evenings I cannot get enough; which is bad because then you have to pee all night.

I find chewing gum helps me drink water and also drinking it through a straw. Adding lemons (or any other fruit) help too.

I carry around a water bottle. Those cheap bottles. It's 3 glass worth, and then just drink about 4 of those a day.

I rather like drinking water. I must admit that I don't drink nearly enough of it on weekends though as I do during the work week. Sometimes I put a couple lemon slices in my water though to give it a nice taste. I also take a glass to bed with me at night and leave it on the night stand just so that I don't have to walk to the kitchen in the middle of the night to get a drink. Drinking water is good for you, heck it has no calories and is better than alcohol.

The 8-10 glasses of water rule is crap. Think about this, a 120 pound girl doesn't need as much water as a 250 pound, 6' 5" guy. The best way to find how much water you need is to experiment with it. Too much water is just as bad as too little though. If you chug it all day long you're going to be flushing out too many important nutrients from your body.

If your urine is clear and you're not getting thirsty you are drinking enough. For most people it would be somewhere around 2 liters a day. Of course if you're an athlete or live in a hot climate this amount will be different. Also you are getting water from your food, so don't think it all has to be pure water.

Another thing to keep in mind is that your water should be clean. Drink purified or spring water. Tap water has chemicals in it, you might be getting stomachaches from that.