Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tdot

I'm having issues finding a good liquid foundation...

They discontinued my Maybeline Everfresh foundation and replaced it with some cappy one... anyway... what should I DO?? I'm freaking out!!! Everfresh didnt break me out so I'm stressing over switching after I run out!!! What do you guys think??? I need somethign with good coverage.. I was thinking either Revlon or Covergirl??

Colorstay active light is similar BUT MUCH BETTER than the everfresh, IMO.

colorstay active comes in a tube rather than bottle and its pretty good. if you have fare skin, buff is the best shade becuase its not pink! pink/ orange foundations are just horrid. how much you wanna spend for some good foundation? Chanel pro lumier is so good but very expensive and also lancome.. color identity? i think. thats good also and slightly less. very light and smells really good. dont worry about breaking out so much. 99% of foundations out there are noncomedegenic.. however some can react to your skin and give you a rash, especially if you sensitive skin. but i honestly dont think the whole time i had bad acne that the foundation had anything to do w those blasted breakouts. hormones, i say, hormones!!! :wall:

They discontinued my Maybeline Everfresh foundation and replaced it with some cappy one... anyway... what should I DO?? I'm freaking out!!! Everfresh didnt break me out so I'm stressing over switching after I run out!!! What do you guys think??? I need somethign with good coverage.. I was thinking either Revlon or Covergirl??

Revlon Colorstay. Go for it girl, it didn't break most of us out. You could do a patch test before going full on.

Revlon Colorstay. Go for it girl, it didn't break most of us out. You could do a patch test before going full on.

Agreed.

I'm SOOO scared colourstay will make me break out :(.... the reason I was wanting to try CG smoothers was because there are so litle ingredients in it! Does anyone use covergirl foundation at all?? I used to use the clean makeup foundation and loved it, but then I found out it has mineral oil in it and stopped using it.

If you used CG's clean makeup and loved it, why not stick with that? If it didn't break you out or anything...

Oh... because I used CG foundation sicne I was 15.... up until I was 19, I switched foundations because I was starting to break out and thought maybe if I used a "better" foundation my face woulkd get better... it never did :doubt: but I dont know it cover girl will break me out now cause I have SUCH sensitive skin now.

Which specific colorstay foundation you all use? I have heard of a couple different ones like natural makeup, active light, w/ softflex, I know some of them might be discontinued but I havent checked them out at the store yet. Im thinking of giving this a try since Im hearing a log of raves about it. Im currently using EDM mineral makeup but it makes me feel dry and like I have a clay mask on or something. I dont htink I like this hype about mineral makeup anymore.

Hey GUYS WHAT ABOUT CLINIQUE??? I have heard from a few people that Stay-true oil free Clinique foundation is great...

I like Almay Line Smoothing Liquid Makeup right now (I still use Smart Shade sometimes).

It's a silicone based makeup and is oil free. It's not really for older women. My skin is pissed off because I OD'd on my tazorac, so I'm flaking a bit on my chin.....it doesn't exacerbate the flaking, but it's not oily. It's got moderate coverage........and I've worn it before Accutane and it never affected my acne....it's a bit thick though (not heavy, thick)....so you really need to shake up the bottle first.....

I don't like Colorstay at all, but that's just me.

CG's Clean makeup isn't acne friendly at all. It contains either isopropyl mysristae or isopropyl palmitate which are horrible for acne prone skin, plus it's got some menthol or something in it (why it smells like that)....which is irritating. It's an "old as dirt" formula.......

Hmm....when I had super oily skin I really used to like Neutrogena Skin Clearing Makeup. That was when I used Proactiv and had mild to moderate acne....like back in college.....I liked that the shades were on the yellow side but still fair enough for when I wasn't at all tan......

I also like Maybelline Pure Makeup (OMG it's 5$!!!) .....it's light and will absorb oil. It has a nice finish, but doesn't wear very well so it requires touch ups.....not so great if you are using really drying topicals though....

I'm so over the mineral makeup hype.......so I won't reccomend any.......

Since you've been using Maybelline without breaking out how about trying the Maybelline Superstay Silky. I really like it.

Since you've been using Maybelline without breaking out how about trying the Maybelline Superstay Silky. I really like it.

Just because one formula from a certain brand doesn't cause a problem for you it doesn't mean that another formula from the same brand will. the only thing really that would make me prefer one brand of foundation over another would their shade range.....since they tend to shade match every formula to the same prototypes.......

If you feel Maybelline as a brand doesn't break you out, then also buy L'oreal and Lancome.....they are all made by L'Oreal anyway.

Not all Maybelline formulas are the same, they don't all contain ther same ingredients.........

I've never tried Superstay Silky....I evaluated it only on my hand.....it seems dry and heavy, and has pretty full coverage....

It really depends on what kind of foundation you like.....long, wearing, oil absorbing, amount of coverage, silicone or water based......to each her own....

Someone who loves Colorstay mignt want to try Superstay from Maybelline or Infallibe from L'Oreal.......but they would hate Almay Smart Shade, or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Enhancer or Neutrogena Healthy Skin Glow Sheers.......

I would compare ingredient lables and claims of the foundation that was dicontinued (Maybelline Everfresh) and pick one with similar coverage and attributes......

If you want I can look around for the closest match to Everfresh. I proabaly have some old Everfresh in the lab, and a bunch of foundations from different brands....I'll find one that's similar, either from my company or another, that is similar.....hopefully one that isn't discontinued........

Okay... so here are the ingredients of the foundations I was thinking of trying... Almay just has SO many ingerdients.... andt he thing stha worried me about Almay's was that there is hydrogenated lecithin in it.... i HATE that word hydrogenated... i dont EAT hydrogenated stuff.... do I want to put it on my skin though?

Almay:

Ingredients:

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (4.7%), Zinc Oxide (2.1%). Other Ingredients: Aqua ((Water) Eau), Cyclomethicone, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Boron Nitride, Magnesium Sulfate, Polyglyceryl-6, Polyricinoleate, Glycerin, PEG/PPG-20/15 Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Methicone, Laureth-7, Tribehenin, Ginkgo Biloba Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Punica Granatum Extract, Riboflavin, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Erythrulose, Algae Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans, Saccharide Isomerate, Silica, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Aluminum Hydroxide, Caffeine, Stearic Acid, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Acrylonitrile/Methacrylonitrile/Methyl Methacrylate Copolymer, Trihydroxystearin, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Oil, Aspalathus Linearis Leaf Extract, Dimethiconol, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Palmitoyl Hydroxypropyl Trimonium Amylopectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sorbitol, Talc, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

Cover Girl oil controlling makeup:

Ingredients:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth-7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Barium Sulfate, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

Cover Girl Smoothers:

Ingredients:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Sodium Chloride, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Arachadyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Stearic Acid, Ethylene Brassylate, Trihydroxystearin, Trisodium EDTA, Silica, Dimethicone, Synthetic Wax, Propylparaben, Barium Sulfate, Methicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Laureth-7, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Mica

Well todt....I have an answer.....

Everfresh is a long wearing makeup. I have some in the lab from when it was new a few years ago....I spent 1/2 of my lunch hour playing with old foundations and some of our foundations.....my arms are so red from appling and taking off makeup......damn makeup remover....

Okay so I asked a couple other chemists for their opinion too and we have come to a conclusion......we do this for a living so we have a pretty good idea....

The closest match to Everfresh by feel and formula is....gasp.....Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin. A close second was the version for Normal to Dry skin....it had a little more cushion and a more creamy afterfeel.......so I'd go with the Combo/Oily version.......if it's too drying go with the Normal/Dry....but let me tell you....Everfresh has denatured alcohol and isododecane pretty high up on the IL....that's why it feels so "fresh." The Colorstay Combo/Oily has some alcohol....so you'll still have that cooling effect when you put it on.......

I guess you do like high coverage, longer wearing makeups......this is one of the best.

Are you more yellow pale or red pale???

Tha lightest shade in their line Ivory, however some people find it a bit pink......if you are on the yellow side go with Buff......

Don't go with Almay Line Smoothing Liquid Makeup if you like high coverage, long wearing makeups.....I love the way it feels but it's not like Everfresh at all....and just so you know the hydrogenated lecithin is probably in there at like 0.00001-.00010% depending on how they are using it.....it is part of a blend of raw materials that is in there at a pretty low percentage......

Everfresh is a long wearing makeup. I have some in the lab from when it was new a few years ago....I spent 1/2 of my lunch hour playing with old foundations and some of our foundations.....my arms are so red from appling and taking off makeup......damn makeup remover....

Okay so I asked a couple other chemists for their opinion too and we have come to a conclusion......we do this for a living so we have a pretty good idea....

The closest match to Everfresh by feel and formula is....gasp.....Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin. A close second was the version for Normal to Dry skin....it had a little more cushion and a more creamy afterfeel.......so I'd go with the Combo/Oily version.......if it's too drying go with the Normal/Dry....but let me tell you....Everfresh has denatured alcohol and isododecane pretty high up on the IL....that's why it feels so "fresh." The Colorstay Combo/Oily has some alcohol....so you'll still have that cooling effect when you put it on.......

I guess you do like high coverage, longer wearing makeups......this is one of the best.

Tha lightest shade in their line Ivory, however some people find it a bit pink......if you are on the yellow side go with Buff......

Don't go with Almay Line Smoothing Liquid Makeup if you like high coverage, long wearing makeups.....I love the way it feels but it's not like Everfresh at all....and just so you know the hydrogenated lecithin is probably in there at like 0.00001-.00010% depending on how they are using it.....it is part of a blend of raw materials that is in there at a pretty low percentage......

Lab girl! I love you :wub: thanks for doing that!!! I owe you... colorstay?? really?? crazy! Yeah I'm more yellow pale I guess... cause pinky pale makeup looks awful on me!!!!!!!!!!! I will have to try it out! I just relal hope it doesnt clog my pores :(... I'll look at it at lunhc I'm just headin gout for lunch now... I'll write back in a bit... do you think it will clog more pores labgirl?