Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

It is soo annoying! See I'm like pretty much clear on my face, I am just dealing with the occasional pimple here and there and red marks.

But, my skin is annoying because it's not just plain dry, nor very oily.

No.....It has to be both!

In the mornings, it's extremely dry (even though I moisturize at night!) and then during the day it gets sooo oily!

I'm like please pick one, oily or dry skin, and leave me alone!

Help? greatly, greatly appreciated.

:wall:

Argh I have the exact same problem. I wake up to dry, peely skin and come home with a face so shiny a person could see their reflection.

I only use two things from my proactiv "kit" and those are that wonderful little refining mask AND the oil reducer that they have. You get it with the oily skin type package (but you can order it by itself). I put it on the morning and it really tones down the oilyness i have all day (not perfect, but much improved!). This is really the only thing that works for me, boo combination skin.

Fish Oil is supposed to help seborrhea a lot, I have started taking Cod Liver Oil, but want to take more Omega 3 so I am gonna start taking Fish Oil.

thanks so much notadoctor for all the information, i wonder if i do have seborrhea... so you can have it on your face?

has the cod liver helped at all? i hope i can find something to get rid of it.

You can definitely have it on your face. You can also have it on your chest, back and armpits, even your navel. It can happen anywhere there is lots of seborrheic glands. What helped me the most is the Paleo Diet. Since I started it has almost completely gone away. The cod liver oil and vitamin D also help but if you need something quick you should see your doctor and ask for some ketoconazole pills or maybe ketoconazole cream to apply topically. Before I started the Paleo Diet, the only thing that made any difference for me was the Ketoconazole pills. I had it all over my face, scalp, chest, back and armpits and it would not go away until I took those pills. Yours may respond well to topical treatment though so it is definitely worth trying. You should really go to your doctor or a dermatologist for best treatment.

My face is fine during the day but at night after I wash my face and take a shower and stuff it becomes REALLLY nasty like its just oily and god not what I like. I hate it to. I don't know why I do the same thing in the morning as I do during the night, yet at nighttime my face looks WAY more oily.

My face is fine during the day but at night after I wash my face and take a shower and stuff it becomes REALLLY nasty like its just oily and god not what I like. I hate it to. I don't know why I do the same thing in the morning as I do during the night, yet at nighttime my face looks WAY more oily.

Perhaps try cutting out the moisturizer at night and see if that might help your skin? Try cutting out various aspects of your regimen at night, one at a time, until you find the one that is your culprit.

Do you take a very hot shower at night? That can sometimes cause a lot of sweating that some might mistake for oil. Wash with warm water. I like giving my hair and face a cold water rinse when I'm done with my shower. It really helps the hair and my face. :)

if your face is dry after you cleanse, and during the day your face gets really oily (all over, cheeks jaw, everywhere) that means youre surfacely dry but your skin type is oily. this happens because of the amount/type of products you use on your face. if your skin is just oily on your t zone, you have combination.