Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nightwish

What about washing your face once BP is absorbed? (After 15 min~)

Would it work?

I'm thinking on doing it in the morning cause I don't like to be kissed with BP on my face lol

I think that once BP is absorbed the skin has inside the oxide to kill P. Acnes.

What do you think?

I don't know how long you can leave BP on your face before washing without losing efficacy, but I suspect it's longer than 15 minutes. I also think that the combination of washing, applying BP, and rewashing is pretty irritating--your skin is already kind of sensitive from just having BP applied to it, washing it off would compound that with physical irritation, and you'd still probably need a moisturizer from the overdrying effects of washing + BP + washing, so you wouldn't avoid having anything on your face. BP hasn't stopped my boyfriend from kissing me, either, and if you're using a good gel product and a rather light moisturizer, your face shouldn't feel like it has much on it.

I was thinking about this too. I thought maybe if you just washed your face with water after the BP has absorbed, it might still work okay. and if you just wash it with water alone, it shouldn't irritate the skin too much?

So... Somebody knows how long you can leave BP on your face before washing without losing efficacy?

I read that it takes between 30 minutes to an hour for sunscreen to be absorbed into the skin, so maybe the same applies to BP? I dunno. I guess you could try.

I read an topic about it.

After 1 hour when bp absorbed, it starts to work.

Its effects last 10 ~ 12 hours.

I read an topic about it.

After 1 hour when bp absorbed, it starts to work.

Its effects last 10 ~ 12 hours.

oh right. I might give that a go if my face starts acting up with my present regimen.