Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So, the new little counter at the top that says "Users Online" is always wrong. Why? Right now, it says there are 837 Users Online and I know thats wrong because on the bottom of the message boards it says the most on at one time was only 582. Just wondering whats goin on with it. It seems like a cool idea though.

those are the message boards statistics, the other 300+ ppl are probably surfing other pages like dan's blog, or reading info on acne =)

Yup yup those stats at the top are stats for the entire site, not just the message boards, that's why they appear on every page.

Remember acne.org is much more than just a message board guys ;)

You think it's over inflated because? It simply shows the number of users browsing any pages of the website.

Advertising reasons? We don't allow advertisers.

Anyway I've answered the question twice now.

but Dan is trying to clean this site up expecting more derms etc visiting. Advertising was a wrong word but selling product must eventually be a thought. Sorry to intrude.

We've nothing to hide/prove, we just thought it would be useful for people to see how many others are online and hopefully encourage them to join in. :D

It's so people know there are a lot of other people on the site so they don't feel alone and they feel encouraged to join in. Does it seem sales-y to anyone else? I don't want a sales-y feel on the site.

nah it doesnt feel salesy, it shows theres a community of people here and that its a popular site and will encourage people to stay and use the site and get advice, pass on advice etc. Which I assume was the whole point of it? Dont worry Dan, we know you're no corporate "look how great my site is" guy!

It's weird. I've never seen it dip below like 650. Hmm.... :think:

But no, it doesnt feel sales-y. It does make it feel like there are a lot of people out there like me. So, i like it.

The counter is nice. It doesn't have a sales-tactic feel to it. It just shows this is a thriving community. That's all. :)

well its at 288 right now but thats because all ye Americans are asleep :)

Goodmorning! Actually... I should be getting to bed pretty soon haha.. its 4 in the morning and I have a tutor coming over today :dry:

well its at 288 right now but thats because all ye Americans are asleep :)

I have a question. Is there a way to find out the most users online at one time ever?? Right now, i see it at 961 and that is the highest I have ever seen it at. And....it's like 12am on the east coast right now. Weird...

Currently there is no data tracking for the number of online users. It simply keeps a running total of online users. It would be easy to have a most users ever online feature but I'm not sure how and where I would put that number.

It's so people know there are a lot of other people on the site so they don't feel alone and they feel encouraged to join in. Does it seem sales-y to anyone else? I don't want a sales-y feel on the site.

..nope.. not at all dan.. not at all.. :thumbsup:

This place is roaring with fellow sufferers, all by our side for support. Usually at least 500+ on at any given time.