Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
InRepair

Can anyone tell me if Peels would work for me

These pictures compare to the ones I've took many months ago my face is look better but I just can't get ride of the ones I've had for almost 8 months now. The newer ones I can kinda deal with but the old ones are just not fading. I've been using ACV for a few weeks, not sure if its working, I'm, thinking I should try one of those peels I keep hearing but I'm afraid it will ruin my face and it won't work. Base on my pictures anyone know for sure what could work for me the best? :think:

The pictures make it look not so bad but to me there bad when I look at myself I dunno lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/jms...ie/leftside.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v102/jms...ie/righside.jpg

Hi InRepair

If you dont mind me asking, what nationality are you? your skin looks fairly olive so a peel may not be a good idea for you (hyperpigmentation etc).

My acne scarring was like yours, just red spots which irritated the heck out of me.

The peel has worked for my red marks, though mine weren't as dark as yours.

Some peels are ok for darker skin, i recommend having a look on www.makemeheal.com and go to the message boards, click on chemical peels and there are heaps of posts in there about peels and if they are ok for darker skin :)

No you still have active acne. Your face should be smooth without clogged pores or whiteheads when you do a chemical peel. Otherwise, there is a chance of scarring.

I'm white, I'm actually pretty pale I think those pictures are kinda bleh.

Well is there anything I can use that won't scare my face even with active breakouts? Its getting extremely frustrating that nothing is really working for me :cry::doubt:

i would deal with your active acne first you dont have too much by looks of it, if you have a gym that has a sauna or steam room visit that a few times a week if you can really helps clear up your skin.

I dunno how I can handle my acne anymore then I am now, trust me my face is clear compare to how it was months ago. I break out maybe once a week now, two weeks at the most. I just don't know how I can get it any clearer. I have tried every non medical thing, and please don't tell me to get hooked up on some medications, cause I don't want it. It will just break me out worst. :wall:

sigh...oh well I guess time is all I have.

I did a peel with "active" acne. Broke out abit after the peel because there was acne "lying in wait" underneath the skin i peeled off. My red marks are just about gone from the previous acne, and the break out i suffered from has just about gone as well. I dont think doing a peel with cause anymore scarring than you would have if you didnt do a peel and just let the skin heal naturally. Its up to you though, i didnt want to wait for my acne to completely heal either ( i dont think it will ever completely go away).

Goodluck with whatever you do :)

How does peels work anyway? there is no way I can work around the break outs? I know that is a stupid question but I don't know :confused: