Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gravity

Why am I breaking out again??

Ughhhh.

My skin was ugly as hell this past winter, and then I went on a new regimen (Cetaphil 2x daily, alternating Tazorac and Duac each night). Since then, my skin has cleared up amazingly.

However, I've been home from college for a week and now my skin is ugly again! In a week it's gotten bad. I have small red dots everywhere and my skin is bumpy and my nose is all flaky. I don't know why and I'm really upset. I'm drinking a lot of water and still on the same regimen. The only differences:

-I've misplaced the Duac so I've used the Tazorac for three days

-I've been binge eating the past few nights :/

-I'm not as active as I was at school (I'm lazy and I sit inside all day)

Will this go away?! I'm so upset right now.

I attached before and after pics.

before

&

after

i can't see the pics, link them with photobucket. you are probably breaking out because of the change in environment. also not using the duac is most likely a big reason the acne came back, you need to continue using it even after your skin clears. at least for a few more months until the taz takes full effect.

Get accutane! My friend. If you don't start getting clear again.

I didn't see the pictures yet.

i can't see the pics, link them with photobucket. you are probably breaking out because of the change in environment. also not using the duac is most likely a big reason the acne came back, you need to continue using it even after your skin clears. at least for a few more months until the taz takes full effect.

my guess is it is the incresed use of taz and no duac. if i were you i'd use taz every other night, and duac every morning.

my guess is it is the incresed use of taz and no duac. if i were you i'd use taz every other night, and duac every morning.

Just an update for anyone who cares, lol.

I found my Duac and used it and my skin's calmed down a bit.

I think when you first start the tazorac you should use it every other night. After a month or so you can start using it every night. Too bad I cannot use retinoids.

Ughhhh.

My skin was ugly as hell this past winter, and then I went on a new regimen (Cetaphil 2x daily, alternating Tazorac and Duac each night). Since then, my skin has cleared up amazingly.

However, I've been home from college for a week and now my skin is ugly again! In a week it's gotten bad. I have small red dots everywhere and my skin is bumpy and my nose is all flaky. I don't know why and I'm really upset. I'm drinking a lot of water and still on the same regimen. The only differences:

before

&

after

the only difference i really noticed in the pics was your face was a lot more red in the after one. it didnt look like your acne got worse, your face was just red and made it look worse. so whatever is doing that is the main problem.

Maybe its the heat+ humidity that your skin is trying to adjust to.

See if it continues, and then try adjusting your regimen to the weather

btw youre so cute... i love your eyes :wub:

Maybe its the heat+ humidity that your skin is trying to adjust to.

See if it continues, and then try adjusting your regimen to the weather

btw youre so cute... i love your eyes :wub:

Ughhhh.

before

&

after

I also think that in the after pic your skin mostly looks redder, rather than more broken out. It is probably the increased use of the Taz. Taz is a very strong retinoid, so you need to be careful if you are going to increase frequency of use. It sounds like you are probably back to your original plan of alternating the two products?