Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sweetgirl82323

PCOS/Abnormal Periods

Ok, recently my face is just giving me a hard time. Im about to go crazy. For a while it seemed to be getting better but then all of a sudden a flare up. I think some of it had to do with me nervously beginning to put my hands on my face again. Anyways, Ive had my hormones checked this past year and was told my testosterone was slightly elevated. The doctor thinks I possibly have PCOS for these reasons. Well, besides the testosterone being elevated, I have these little hairs that grow out under my chin, and my acne or the worst part mostly on cheeks and chin, then I seem to have a bit of a blood sugar problem. Sounds like PCOS right? However, I thought you definitly had to have irregular periods. At the time I had my hormones tested, I think I mentioned my periods might had been a little irregular, but I told her I had this steriod shot, which was given to me because of bad inflammation in my neck. She said this could in fact mess your hormones up some, so I think that is why I had a little irregular bleeding. I never had before. Ive never missed a period. Lately it starts exactly ever 30 days, and I bleed for about 5-7 days. I think maybe a few times it started on the 32 day. For about the past 4 times, its been right on 30 days. It does seem like maybe they tend to sometimes be a little shorter than in the past, so maybe that is due ot testosterone. Anyways, it doesnt really seem to be abnormal to me, so how the heck could I have PCOS? What do you people think or anyone that has it? Hope to hear from someone regarding this. Thanks :)

I don;t have any PCOS advice..probably best to go back to your dr. but I do have a great regimen for hormonal acne if you want to check it out.

I don;t have any PCOS advice..probably best to go back to your dr. but I do have a great regimen for hormonal acne if you want to check it out.

ok, thanks if dont mind letting me know of the regimen.

I just realized you had a log to view. I now see what you use in your routine. I unforunately have very sensitive skin, so that would make mine even worse most likely. Thanks anyways.