Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone experimented with more expensive acne products? Price ranging from $100-$200.

I've been using cheap products for years, with little improvement, i suppose this is why the products are cheap. I've probably spent over $300 on cheap medication over the years. Perhaps it would be worth it to just spend big. No one on the forums have mentioned anything close to that range, people cringe when at $50.

Just wondering if anyone has knowledge of such products. How does a $100 acne scrub stack up to a $10 product. I can't name specifically because there are just too many.

The statement of higher priced products being superior to lower priced items is a generality that requires clarification.

For some higher end products, you're just paying for a name and it doesn't necessarily buy you a superior product. It all depends on the ingredient list. Specifically, some higher end products give you what you're paying for i.e. they use higher levels of effective/active ingredients and some use more innovative ingredients than what you would find off the drugstore/supermarket shelves.

I've tried drugstore/supermarket products to those found in higher-end department stores to "the best" European lines found only at exclusive estheticians' salons. To date, not one of them has remained in my daily regime.

I have had the best results with products off the television shopping channels where the formulator/manufacturer has enough guts to come on air and explain the purpose and efficacy of the products' ingredients. These items often come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, too, which stores don't offer. Also, if after a few months they are still on air, it often means their products are selling and have few, if any, returns, therefore, they must be working for most people and may be worth a try.

The bottom line is you still need to pay close attention to the ingredient list. Further, what a higher priced product uses may be effective for one individual, but may not be for another.

in all honesty, i don't think it's the amount of money you spend on a product but how you use it that makes the difference. for instance, the dan kern regimen uses inexpensive products in a specific manner that produce great results. the best advice i can give you is this: use a mild cleanser, topical, and adequate moisturizer. then give your regimen time to do its thing. (like 2-3 months.)

I've been on DKCSR for over a year now with little results. I just feel like I'm wasting so much money on cheap products that don't work.

Well, I felt the same at one point until I went into debt, haha. I used to buy La Roch Posay, Vichy, Obagi, Atopalm, MD SKincare, Skincueticals just to name a few. I figured since they were expensive, imported from france, or from an actual skin care center they have to be good products that will make my face look like a super model. Wrong, all they do is eat up your money. I use Paulas choice right now, im sure you heard of her stuff, cheap and you get good amounts. Best stuff I have ever used.

The biggest thing to worry about isnt the price, its the formulation. Crappy name brands(in my thoughts), like neutrogena or clean and clear may not get you anywhere. But many of the higher priced name brands are even worse. They include horrible ingredients/chemicals. Out of all of those I used, I didnt see good results at all. Half the time they didnt work or dried my face into next week. I would never buy them again, especially after switching to paulas stuff.

When you say DKCSR im assuming you mean the dan kern regimen. If this is true, it may not be the products, it may just be that the specific regimen your using isnt for you. But again, it could be the products formulation, they might be worthless. Buying ones that cost an arm and leg sometimes arent any better. Im only telling you this because i could buy a nice used car with all the money i spent on products. Its not worth it. Save your money and buy something you really want.

Also I had to experiment for awhile until i found a regimen that works great for me, this may be the same with you.

I've been on DKCSR for over a year now with little results. I just feel like I'm wasting so much money on cheap products that don't work.

The statement of higher priced products being superior to lower priced items is a generality that requires clarification.

For some higher end products, you're just paying for a name and it doesn't necessarily buy you a superior product. It all depends on the ingredient list. Specifically, some higher end products give you what you're paying for i.e. they use higher levels of effective/active ingredients and some use more innovative ingredients than what you would find off the drugstore/supermarket shelves.

I've tried drugstore/supermarket products to those found in higher-end department stores to "the best" European lines found only at exclusive estheticians' salons. To date, not one of them has remained in my daily regime.

I have had the best results with products off the television shopping channels where the formulator/manufacturer has enough guts to come on air and explain the purpose and efficacy of the products' ingredients. These items often come with a 30-day money-back guarantee, too, which stores don't offer. Also, if after a few months they are still on air, it often means their products are selling and have few, if any, returns, therefore, they must be working for most people and may be worth a try.

The bottom line is you still need to pay close attention to the ingredient list. Further, what a higher priced product uses may be effective for one individual, but may not be for another.