Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MineralMel

Applying mineral make up

I've now ordered samples from about seven mineral make up companies. They'll be coming in the mail soon. I've already tried everyday minerals and bare essentials. I wasn't satisfied with those, but I'm certain I'll find one that's right for me.

I'd like some helpful hints on mineral make up application. I know you need a kabuki brush, and I just ordered a BE kabuki brush off of ebay. (I figure the brand of the kabuki brush doesn't matter that much, right?) So how do you use your kabuki brushes? I also hear a lot about "buffing" in mineral make up. Can you tell me what you buff with, and what technique you use to buff? Also, do you use anything to "set" your make up? The disatisfaction I had with EM was that when I sweated, it dripped down my face like whitewash. It was very conspicuous. Will this happen with every mineral makeup?

TIA for all your help!! :D

flat makeup sponge all the way!

kabuki's are too messy and it's harder to get coverage

I've now ordered samples from about seven mineral make up companies. They'll be coming in the mail soon. I've already tried everyday minerals and bare essentials. I wasn't satisfied with those, but I'm certain I'll find one that's right for me.

I'd like some helpful hints on mineral make up application. I know you need a kabuki brush, and I just ordered a BE kabuki brush off of ebay. (I figure the brand of the kabuki brush doesn't matter that much, right?) So how do you use your kabuki brushes? I also hear a lot about "buffing" in mineral make up. Can you tell me what you buff with, and what technique you use to buff? Also, do you use anything to "set" your make up? The disatisfaction I had with EM was that when I sweated, it dripped down my face like whitewash. It was very conspicuous. Will this happen with every mineral makeup?

TIA for all your help!! :D

I use Aubrey Nicole and like it pretty well. I use a Kubaki brush for foundation application and their concealer brush for the concealer. The concealer brush is nice because it offers very concentrated application, ie right over the red spot or pimple.

When I apply my foundation and finishing silk, I put some powder on the brush and swirl it around in the lid. Then tap off any extra. Then I apply it to my face in a circular motion, not too quickly so I don't see the makeup getting flicked off instead of going right on my face.

I think making that circular motion with your brush is what people mean by "buffing". Good luck!

Do the brushes themselves break some people out? How exactly are you supposed to use a sponge, and even more...how do you use it dampened? Im having a problem also w/ applying mineral makeup. I do use EDM and like it, but sometimes I cant feel it, sometimes it makes my skin feel dry and chalky. I think its because I applyit wrong though because sometimes it doesnt look chalky. Is it better with your skin being more moisturized? Also Ive heard of some people using desitin as a primer, what does this even do? Thanks to anyone who can help.

Definitely have your face well moisturized before applying your makeup. I use a couple applications of lotion and begin applying my makeup with its still slightly "moist" with lotion. As far as the chalky look goes, maybe you are using too much or the color is wrong (too light).

It could be that Im might be applying too much, I dont know, I think maybe ill have to start using the intense formula so I dont think I need as much because with the semi-matte I feel like I get barely any until after Ive applied enough. I know its the right shade because even the light color is to dark on my and golden fair (the very lightest) is the only one that works so far. I still have samples so I dont have an actual container big enough to use first, right now Im just sprinkling some down on a tissue and tapping the kabuki on it and trying to make sure I dont get too much on the brush.

I'm still struggling with applying mineral makeup, but then again, I have not received my kabuki brush yet, and I need to order a flocked sponge. I find the most challenging part is applying blush. I can't seem to get any definition and it goes on too thick and looks caked. It just ends up looking messy. I can't go without blush. I need the color. How do the rest of you apply blush??