Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was just wondering if anyone has gone without accutane for like a week or so. My dumb derm doesn't set up appointments knowing i have to be in her office a month later and of course being as busy as she is she's only there 2 times a week... (wish i had that job). I'm just wondering how do you give someone a chart to get blood work done within a month but yet it's our responsibility to set up the appointment. Well anyways tomorrow is my last pill and my appointment is on the 29th which means i'll be off of accutane for 6 days. Will have another IB??

I was just wondering if anyone has gone without accutane for like a week or so. My dumb derm doesn't set up appointments knowing i have to be in her office a month later and of course being as busy as she is she's only there 2 times a week... (wish i had that job). I'm just wondering how do you give someone a chart to get blood work done within a month but yet it's our responsibility to set up the appointment. Well anyways tomorrow is my last pill and my appointment is on the 29th which means i'll be off of accutane for 6 days. Will have another IB??

From what I understand, because accutane is a cumulative drug, you shouldn't have a major effect from not being on for 6 days. As far as it being your responsibility to make an appointment - it is. Not to be harsh or anything, but I've never been to a doctor's office of any kind where they anticipated my needs for another appointment and just made it for me. I've always had to make my own appointments - even during my accutane treatment in my derm's office. You have to be responsible enough to think ahead - if you know you need an appointment in 31 days, stop at the front desk on your way out and make the appointment. It's not the derm's responsibility to make sure you have an appointment. If that were the case, she'd spend all day making appointments, calling patients who are due to remind them, etc - in which case - how could she have time to see their patients?

why not skip tomorrow's pill, and spread it out instead? that way you can get it halfway through the 6 days, and then on the off days, why don't you eat something thats like, high in vit. A, so that you're getting a close proximity amount...I don't know if its really recommended, but you could always ask your derm. They should make enough time to get back to you about something as important as this. Maybe they'll tell you to just take it, or not worry about it or something, who knows... ever derm is different with their regimens...

why not skip tomorrow's pill, and spread it out instead? that way you can get it halfway through the 6 days, and then on the off days, why don't you eat something thats like, high in vit. A, so that you're getting a close proximity amount...I don't know if its really recommended, but you could always ask your derm. They should make enough time to get back to you about something as important as this. Maybe they'll tell you to just take it, or not worry about it or something, who knows... ever derm is different with their regimens...

Sounds like a stupid idea. Eating alot of Vitamin A can cause Hypervitaminosis A and it's better to just wait to take the accutane. That's one of the main reasons to take accutane instead of Vitamin A.

Hi Meli, I'm sure you'll be fine so don't worry. I was recently off accutane for 3 weeks because of liver elevation. My derm told me it's absolutely fine:). I'm also from Houston, who's your derm right now?

Hi Meli, I'm sure you'll be fine so don't worry. I was recently off accutane for 3 weeks because of liver elevation. My derm told me it's absolutely fine:). I'm also from Houston, who's your derm right now?

My derm right now is Dr. Jessica Parsons with Memorial Herrman- Memorial she use to be with Belaire dermetology.

Yea i think i'll just wait.... i thought about skipping it out but that was today when i only have 2 pills left... but thanks for the suggestion

From what I understand, because accutane is a cumulative drug, you shouldn't have a major effect from not being on for 6 days. As far as it being your responsibility to make an appointment - it is. Not to be harsh or anything, but I've never been to a doctor's office of any kind where they anticipated my needs for another appointment and just made it for me. I've always had to make my own appointments - even during my accutane treatment in my derm's office. You have to be responsible enough to think ahead - if you know you need an appointment in 31 days, stop at the front desk on your way out and make the appointment. It's not the derm's responsibility to make sure you have an appointment. If that were the case, she'd spend all day making appointments, calling patients who are due to remind them, etc - in which case - how could she have time to see their patients?

i agree but i think it's a half and half thing as well as common sense. I mean if you can set me up with my next blood test and preg. test you could put on your calendar an appt. I don't expect for them to call me and remind me that i should make and appoint. And i think it's dumb that a dr. is only avaliable 2 days a week... but anyways... just venting