Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sick_skin

a beard hides a multitude of sins

virtually all my scars are on my lower cheeks (95%) anyway, im growing a beard and am going to hide them HAHAH goodbye scars!! *kiss* they are never going to see the light of day again, sure people may think my beard looks gay but its better than scars.....adios! biggrin.gif/ cant be bothered with it all anymore, im taking the easy way out

I wish it was that easy for me. My worst scars are on my forehead and all along the sides of my temples sad.gif Also, I keep getting new pits when I don't even break out. I look worse than ever. I think many in my situation would have ended it by now!

I wish it was that easy for me. My worst scars are on my forehead and all along the sides of my temples sad.gif  Also, I keep getting new pits when I don't even break out. I look worse than ever. I think many in my situation would have ended it by now!

A lot of my dark mark/scars and hyper-pigmentation disappear when i have a beard. I really rather just have a short stubble but then my skin problems are more visible. Plus shaving is what caused most of my problems. So I too keep a beard for as long as I can.

Am growing my beard again. Downside is it makes me look older sad.gif

I wish one could get skin treatments like Micro-Demrabrasion and use topicals and get peels with a beard. Unfortuantely, to use all these treatments, the beard must go.

My skin is always way better with a beard. Less oil production, much superior texture. Virtually no breakouts (maybee just 1 or 2 a week)

The only other problem I have with growing a beard is; because I am East Indian, Some people give me weird looks and flying with a beard for someone of my colour is a problem these days.

If only I could tell the folks who look at me weird that I only have a beard cause of my skin/ACNE issues. Hopefully I can fix my skin and then not have to keep a beard.

I have to chime in and say that as a woman, I find facial hair far less attractive than some scarring! I actually think scars of any kind on men's faces can be quite striking, and I suspect many other women feel the same.

Of course, if you like the style/look of beards then by all means go for it! I just wanted to provide some encouragement for any men who might prefer to be clean-shaven, but are concerned abotu scarring.

Bottom line is that beards look good on some men, and bad on others. It depends on the shape of your face and how well ( dense, not wispy) you can grow it. But if it hides scars that really concern you, let it grow.

James

Hi Vile,

I like your attitude. As a male I share your exact approach. I personally do not notice woman with scarring and prefer it after what I have been through, even though mine is not to bad these days. It is a shame you don't live in Sydney!!!!!!

I have to chime in and say that as a woman, I find facial hair far less attractive than some scarring! I actually think scars of any kind on men's faces can be quite striking, and I suspect many other women feel the same.

Wouldn't it be cool to be a cat or dog and not have to worry about your skin anymore. Just a few good licks in the morning and you would be good to go! Who says we evolved? Maybe we degenerated.

Wouldn't it be cool to be a cat or dog and not have to worry about your skin anymore.  Just a few good licks in the morning and you would be good to go!  Who says we evolved?  Maybe we degenerated.