Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sick_of_cysts

take a look at my acne please...

here is my acne....this is a modertae flare up for me.my skin had been rather bad the last few months...i am 25 now...i started taking antibiotsic in 1999 after about 2 years of acne..so id say ive had acne for about 9-10 years...been on tetracycline, enthroymcyin, doxycycline, dianette, trimeproprim (allrgic reaction) now on miocycline.....my derm done all my blood work for accutane and says i can go on it.......is my acne bad enough?? i mean im so scared of the side effects and i can NEVER have clear skin,,,i mean just LOOK at me..i can have "clear" weeks......as in a few whiteheds......i have ALL the acne..i mean i have cysts, pauples, blackheads, imflamed spots.....i have them all.....i have them on my back too..cud it be hormonal as i get it on my jawline..NEVER on my cheeks or forehead,,,that skin in beautiful....is accutant gonna work?? is it worth it for my acne?? is it severe enough to consider t consequences of accutane??

post-57958-1179760024_thumb.jpg

post-57958-1179760024_thumb.jpg

I can't give you any personal pointers on Accutane - however, nobody I know personally who has done it regrets it (I'm sure there are people out there who do). I would like to send some sympathy vibes your way, though, and wish you luck. Oh- and kudos on the clear cheek skin! That's my most sensitive spot :(

Your acne isn't that bad.... But since you've had it for so long you should try tane.

Tane wont cure your acne but it will help a lot. Tane isn't that dangerous as long as you follow all the directions correctly...

i must admit, my acne doesn't look *too* bad on here but my second pic of the cysts on my chin i couldn't load because the pic was too big...or summit......and when i get a cysts trhey can have 2-3 heads on them and my lips wsell up.ive even had a black eye from one near my eyebrow!!! i would do anything for clear skin......SICK of losing friends because i cancel social events becasue im "ill" (huge cyst, waited till last minute but in tears in front of t mirror coz t concealer just slides off them and t powder cakes up) i am a socialble person but just sit quiet with my head down when i got spots coz i can't start conversations and don't want anyone to look at me in case they notice my skin even more.............

Your acne is not bad at all, but still, having acne at all sucks especially at 25. Accutane is awesome. Get it. Dont listen to any BS people try and say about it. Your face will be totally, 100% clear for a very long time, and statistically it will stay that way. Something like 60% of peoples acne goes into permanent remission. permanent. im on it right now myself and after just 2 months into it i became completely clear. i havent been like this in years. love accutane

cover it up with some concealler and no one would notice it unless they look for it purposely

and don't complain because there are much worse cases, like me, and I still survive and can still social, don't be weak

I don't think it looks bad. Im gonna slowly ease off my antibiotics. cuz I don't want to have to pop a pill twice a day when my skin is just gonna become immune to it or have my acne come back after six months.

Get it if you want or try a different path. I know it sucks to try all theese things and have them never work but yours doesn't look so bad.

have you tried other routes such as B5 or lamps? I wouldn't recomend going on accutane with acne like yours, although i understand how annoying it can be getting acne at an older age!!

Only way i would say go for accutane is if you do a low dose course for 6 months e.g. 20 mg a day....

Your acne doesn't appear bad.

Do you exfoliate on a regular basis? Just a few months ago my skin was similar to yours (if not worse). I read NdnRomeo's post on the baby hair brush method of exfoliation maybe a month or so ago, and since that time my skin has never looked so good. I'm also using a 10% glycolic acid pad. My order of 5 containers just came in. :P

Acne, even cystic acne, occurs because of a clogged pore. Prevent clogged pores and one might prevent acne. It is working for me. I just have to remember not to pick. :P *Kicks self in rump.*

you should just go on the accutane, you'll wonder why you waited so long.

I dont see any cysts and nodules. That looks like moderate acne to me, pustules. Accutane works for moderate acne. The only way to know if it works for you is to give it a shot.

sorry to be completely useless....

but I read the title of this topic and all I could think was could you imagine if a stranger walked up to you on the street and said "take a look at my acne please?"

:shifty:

Dude, I'd actually pay to have skin like you.

All accutane has done for me is mess up my entire life. Stay away from it, you look fine.

Dude, I'd actually pay to have skin like you.

All accutane has done for me is mess up my entire life. Stay away from it, you look fine.

I also like the baby brush method. Where do you get the gycolic acid pads from?

Hello,

I'm 27, and starting on Roaccutane (British name - same drug) in ten days time (blood-work permitting).

I, too, have run the gauntlet of treatments - between 13 and 26 I'd used topical clindamycin, and taken minocycline, erythromycin and oxytetracycline, all with little clinical benefit.

Like mine (if I may make such a judgement), your skin is not as bad as many of the folks who take Roaccutane, and I understand your reluctance. I have a friend whose skin is "worse" (whatever that means...) than mine, but whose confidence has never suffered too badly as a result of his skin; thus, he has never sought radical treatment. I, on the other hand, am occasionally so handicapped by my skin that I struggle to leave the house.

I know three people who’ve taken Roaccutane - two of whom showed excellent success, the other of whom is *the* classic Roaccutane horror-story: he suffered a full-blown breakdown, was almost reduced to the state of a vegetable, took over a year to recover and has been taking anti-psychotic medication ever since… do I want that to happen to me? Of course I bloody don’t! But my view is that I’ve tried everything else and that, having come this far, I owe it to myself to go all the way.

I wish you all the best with your decision.

I would reccomend not going on accutane. I know i am in the minority. However, I had acne similar to yours and was antibiotics for 4 years or so. Then i decided to go for accutane. This gave me Acne Fulminans. I went from "your acne" to pussing all over my shirts and sheets because of the severity of it on my chest and shoulders. Also, the scarring will make me self concious for the rest of my life as I will never look the same again.

I am not trying to scare you. I am just worried it could happen to you the same it happened to me. I would reconsider, and deal with slight acne until it eventually goes away on its own someday.

From the one picture you put up and the post where you said that the breakouts are worse during your period, I think theres a good chance your acne is hormonal. Before jumping into Accutane maybe you should discuss the possibility of Spiro with your derm. I have been researching it and it looks promising for the treatment of hormonal acne. This could be the one last thing you could try before resorting to Accutane. If that doesnt work then you can honestly say that you have tried everything. I wish you success in whatever you decide to do. Lorrie