Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hello812

will sweat cause blackheads?

Hell no, sweating is good for you, it doesn't get stuck in your pores.

Dirt and dead skin cells is a different story, just scrub every couple of days to take care of that.

Yes it does. I wake up every single morning with clogged pores on my temples and my nose. I can see all the blackheads. Its so gross

Yes it does. I wake up every single morning with clogged pores on my temples and my nose. I can see all the blackheads. Its so gross

please dont misinform people. Perhaps, the reason why professional athletes are infested with blackheads and acne....... nice try though

Yes, sweat can cause breakouts and blackheads if the pores become clogged by it. That is why medical professionals advise people to wipe off your perspiration and to shower immediately after working out, especially if you have problem skin.

Sweating is good for you to clear out toxins from the body. This can be done through exercise or by saunas or by steaming of the face, as done by estheticians. In each of these cases, the skin is cleansed immediately afterwards to remove the aforementioned toxins and to keep the pores clear.

I am going to say yes b/c I sweat so much in my face when exercising that I developed some on my forehead. I need to get a headband.

I'm actually pretty sure sweat helps clean out your pores. It's probably not a good thing to let it dry up though, so plan any activities that might cause sweating before you wash your face.

On the other hand, saunas, steaming your face and wearing headbands will clog your pores. Oh and there is no such thing as toxins, at least not in that sense.

I'm actually pretty sure sweat helps clean out your pores. It's probably not a good thing to let it dry up though, so plan any activities that might cause sweating before you wash your face.

On the other hand, saunas, steaming your face and wearing headbands will clog your pores. Oh and there is no such thing as toxins, at least not in that sense.

please dont misinform people. Perhaps, the reason why professional athletes are infested with blackheads and acne....... nice try though

Would you guys suggest to wash your face just with cold water after a 2 hour sweat? I can't take a shower right away because there is no showers in my gym. The gym i go to its pretty far away from where i live also.

This is all conjecture and speculation. A study is needed.

Sweat is nothing but salt water. Running it thru your pores would do nothing but help the situation in my opinion. Once dried, your skin's surface simply has some salts on it, harmless.

Excersize reduces acne, this is a fact a million times over. You must sweat if you are gonna excersize.

This is all conjecture and speculation. A study is needed.

Sweat is nothing but salt water. Running it thru your pores would do nothing but help the situation in my opinion. Once dried, your skin's surface simply has some salts on it, harmless.

Excersize reduces acne, this is a fact a million times over. You must sweat if you are gonna excersize.

When I sweat a lot from exercise or being in a hot environment, my skin looks much better, less pimples, and my skin is smoother. That's just me though:)