Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
liii

The chin/mouth area looks disgusting :( Help (PICS INCLUDED)

Ive got all of these red/dark spots, think its hyperpigmentation. And all the redmarks that are one the dark area does not go away. Ive had red marks that have come and go on other areas, but the ones on my chin does not go away. So the biggest problem is the darks spots, and notice the brown marks at the corners of my mouth. Ive have that for almost a year now and the last 2 weeks at has gotten worse, i think its because of the sun. And its been like this since august last year, but i didnt have so many redmarks back then.

Anyone got any tips of what i should do?

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/1264/89671876yo3.jpg

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/9939/26669826ja9.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/1692/79213658df1.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5213/47216868bd8.jpg

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/7353/61301783qr6.jpg

You could try AHA souffle. It has wonderful reviews, and it can help with your active acne as well as hyperpigmentation from acne.

http

://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...-PLST-0-SEARCH

Another popular treatment is apple cider vinegar. You can check out the very lengthy thread about it in the redmarks forum located towards the bottom of the main forum page. You can also find other ideas for different treatments in case these don't appeal to you.

Use something with hydroquinone. It works good on dark spots and red marks. AHA is also good because of exfoliation but its kinda slow compared to hydroquinone which worked by melanin inhibiting. It comes in 2% or more but 2% is sufficient. I'm using ACV and hydroquinone at the moment.

where can i get some hydroquinone, can you name some good products that has it?

Try peels...

Your marks are not that bad at all. They'll fade on their own eventually.

You just need to stop breaking out to see real improvement on the marks.

no i dony usually touch it maybe sometimes when i get alot of pimples or when its itching, cause sometime it could feel so dry and itchy and thats when the brown marks are getting darker especielly at the corners of my mouth. And sometimes i just wanna cover it so people cant see it :(

no i dony usually touch it maybe sometimes when i get alot of pimples or when its itching, cause sometime it could feel so dry and itchy and thats when the brown marks are getting darker especielly at the corners of my mouth. And sometimes i just wanna cover it so people cant see it :(

It looks very irritated. More than likely because of your shaving method, do not put chemicals on it because that will undoubtedly make it worse. This is just my opinion though. But if it's primarily on your facial area, the best thing to do is temporarily just get a beard trimmer and keep it at the lowest setting. Use a baby brush and a gentle cleanser, like purpose cleanser, and of course moisturize. It *may* get better that way. How is your diet like, how old are you, and are your hormones in control? Also, do you get acne anywhere else?

my shaving methods? i dont see any problems when i shave it doesnt itch or anything like that cause when you feel on the marks it feels like normal skin its just that its red/brown.

And it doesnt grow that much hair on that area, actually nothing at all just a little bit under the lip. Do you think that the hair has stopped growing at those areas, or is it because im to young and it will grow later? Im 18 by the way. Cause the skin looks a little bit damaged, think its hyperpigmentation. My diet is pretty ok i dont eat fat food and that, i eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and all that and drink alot of water. Ive tried vitamin b5 a little while but it didnt do that much diffrent, Think im gonna start with it again. Hormones in control? i dont know really. A month ago i had alot of big pimples on my forehead then i used some bp on them and now they are almost gone, just a few left. But my whole forehead are covered in redmarks and alots of big blackheads and the nose is a little bit red and has alot of blackheads. But i still get a few pimples on the chin/mouth are, right now i have about 2 - 3.

But im gonna start putting sunscreen on the dark areas and the forehead so it doesnt get any worser.

So right know my skin looks a little bit f**cked up, it just looks so dirty now with the forehead.

my shaving methods? i dont see any problems when i shave it doesnt itch or anything like that cause when you feel on the marks it feels like normal skin its just that its red/brown.

And it doesnt grow that much hair on that area, actually nothing at all just a little bit under the lip. Do you think that the hair has stopped growing at those areas, or is it because im to young and it will grow later? Im 18 by the way. Cause the skin looks a little bit damaged, think its hyperpigmentation. My diet is pretty ok i dont eat fat food and that, i eat a lot of fruit and vegetables and all that and drink alot of water. Ive tried vitamin b5 a little while but it didnt do that much diffrent, Think im gonna start with it again. Hormones in control? i dont know really. A month ago i had alot of big pimples on my forehead then i used some bp on them and now they are almost gone, just a few left. But my whole forehead are covered in redmarks and alots of big blackheads and the nose is a little bit red and has alot of blackheads. But i still get a few pimples on the chin/mouth are, right now i have about 2 - 3.

But im gonna start putting sunscreen on the dark areas and the forehead so it doesnt get any worser.

Nope, the hair won't stop growing, it will grow more, I remember when I was about 18 I had the almost exact same skin as you, in terms of acne in that area, but very little hair, oddly enough I rarely get chin acne now as it's more of an issue elsewhere. :think: It's complicated, because since you don't shave there too much, it's also in areas where the blade isn't. Does it get oily quite often?

so what should i do? i think that some glycolic acid (aha) and maybe some hydroquinone or something for the brown marks will be good. or?

yeah my skin gets very oily sometimes. It can be oily just 10 min after i washed it and put some moisturizer on. So i usually just wash with warm water and dont put anything on, it doesnt get that oily then. But it feels alot cleaner when i wash with the cleanser.

so what should i do? i think that some glycolic acid (aha) and maybe some hydroquinone or something for the brown marks will be good. or?

yeah my skin gets very oily sometimes. It can be oily just 10 min after i washed it and put some moisturizer on. So i usually just wash with warm water and dont put anything on, it doesnt get that oily then. But it feels alot cleaner when i wash with the cleanser.

I usually stay away from chemicals, but if it does work for you go for it. Many people have been cleared through topicals. Just look at dan's success stories. Have you tried dan's regimen? If not, go for it. You can then also try the AHA's and Hydro. :think: It should give you more options to work with before you hit the drawing board.