Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mightyrhi_16

just been diagnosed with mild-moderate acne

so i'm feeling a little bit down at the moment.

my skin's been bad ever since i hit about 11 (i'm 17 in just under a month) but i've never had any treatment for it.

i'm on a 3-month course of (i'm guessing relatively low dose) antibiotics - lymecycline or 'tetralysal' is the brand name.

what i would like to know is, can anyone help me with a cleanser/moisturiser etc?

i have combination skin with a lot of scarring and red marks from spots that have gone. i used to use bio-oil but it didn't do much for the spots but it did a lot for the condition of my skin.

at the moment i use;

morning - neutrogena deep clean cleanser

the body shop seaweed mattifying day cream

evening - st ives invigorating scrub exfoliator/lush ocean salt (ever other day)

neutrogena deep clean cleanser

lush cosmetic lad/bio-oil (athough i would like to find a good, hydrating moisturiser that won't make me break out)

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hopefully I can help you out a little bit.

Paulas Choice is what I tell everybody to use. I love her stuff. She makes really good products that dont bother or cause acne or irritation. Mostly because she doesnt put in a bunch of bad chemicals that a lot of other brands do.

http://www.cosmeticscop.com/shop/skin.asp?ID=273

Theres a link. She has a lot of different cleansers for different skin types. I use the one step cleanser for normal to dry skin. Just because its creamy and feels good on my face. But you can use any of them really. She also sells samples which is great if your not sure.

She has good mositurizers to, if you dont have very dry skin, the moisture balancing gel is awesome. My only problem is that I find her moisturizers expensive. I mean they are priced well for online name brand moisturizers, I was paying $35 for a 1oz bottle and before that $30 for a 1.34oz. So hers are decent. But I hate paying that much because moisturizer goes quick for me.

So i would reccommend this....

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...Y-PLST-0-SEARCH

I use it now and I like it. You can buy it at walgreens, some walmarts, rite aid, cvs, etc. Moisturizes all day to. Hope that helps, if you have any other questions feel free to ask me :)

ah, forgot to mention i live in wales (UK)...

can i get the paula's choice stuff shipped to the uk?

also the second link doesn't work...

thanks for all the advice though!!

so i'm feeling a little bit down at the moment.

my skin's been bad ever since i hit about 11 (i'm 17 in just under a month) but i've never had any treatment for it.

i'm on a 3-month course of (i'm guessing relatively low dose) antibiotics - lymecycline or 'tetralysal' is the brand name.

what i would like to know is, can anyone help me with a cleanser/moisturiser etc?

i have combination skin with a lot of scarring and red marks from spots that have gone. i used to use bio-oil but it didn't do much for the spots but it did a lot for the condition of my skin.

at the moment i use;

morning - neutrogena deep clean cleanser

the body shop seaweed mattifying day cream

evening - st ives invigorating scrub exfoliator/lush ocean salt (ever other day)

neutrogena deep clean cleanser

lush cosmetic lad/bio-oil (athough i would like to find a good, hydrating moisturiser that won't make me break out)

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

I also have combination skin. Ive been using Purpose which works really well. Please stop using that St Ives Scrub. I used that stuff and it just aggrevated my acne and made it worse. A lot of people here like the moisturizer Complex15. You may want to give that a try as well ;)

i had heard bad things about the st ives actually, i'll chuck it in the bin today i think!!

where can i get all these products from by the way? i'm a boots/superdrug kind of girl so i wouldn't know where to start!

i had heard bad things about the st ives actually, i'll chuck it in the bin today i think!!

where can i get all these products from by the way? i'm a boots/superdrug kind of girl so i wouldn't know where to start!

I bought my purpose at Walgreens and my sunscreen at Trader Joes. If they dont have them at your local drug store you can always check out drugstore.com