Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TheTalentedWriter

Am I using too many over the counter products

I'll get straight to the point, when I wake up, I use a foaming cleanser, acne cleanser, deep clean astringent, oil free moisture, a fade cream, and a quick spot treatment at the same time. Am I using too many products, and could this be the reason I tend to break out a lot?

in my opinion, yes, you are using too many products and i do think it is causing you to break out more.

if you must use cleanser with SA/BP in it, try to find a cleanser that already contains SA or BP so you dont have to use 3 different cleansers at the same time. youre basically washing ur face 3 times in a row, thats way too much. Also, moisturizing your face is critical but too much will do more harm than good. apply ur spot treatment (are u using BP?) first then apply one moisturizure. you dont need oil free moisturizure AND a face cream - too much again, it will clog ur pores.

None of my products contain any SA, the deep clean astringent did and I got rid of it. I believe that was breaking me out.

I have to use that moisturizure. If I don't I'll break out because the BP dry my face OUT!

My problem isn't only acne, it's the acne post appearence marks, so I use that fade cream for that. Or my neutrogena Acne Mark Fading Peel--Which is every other day.

The spot treatment is BP. Then, I apply the fade cream after that.

That is bad isn't it? LOL

But, when is a good time to apply the fade cream?

yes, you are using too much. i would stick to one medicated product. if you want to continue using the acne wash, just moisturize afterward. if you want to switch to some sort of acne cream, then use a gentle non-medicated wash and moisturizer. as far as the fade cream, i would stop using it for awhile (as it probably has bha or aha in it which can dry you out and irritate the skin.) once your skin gets adjusted to the simplier regimen, then you can add the fade cream back in and see how your skin does. i just know that with my skin when i tried using an aha moisturizer, i had a horrible time trying to get my acne under control. honestly, less is better, and patience is key. it will take a month to start seeing changes and two to three months to get clear.

That is way too much, your skin is probably confused! One or two is enough. I only use one and my skin looks great now. I used to use a lot of products but it was wrecking my skin! Slowly cut out products til your down to 1 or 2. You may seem to break out worse but your skin needs to heal from all the chemicals and then it will be able to take care of itself. Eight months ago I had acne all over my face and got new spots almost everyday. Now I maybe get a small spot once in a while. My skin also looks much healthier. About 3/4 months after I stopped using tons of products my skin was starting to really clear up.

I hardly get acne on the front of my face, it's like always on the side of my cheeks and stuff. And I use all of these products on my nose, forehead, chin and I barely see a break out, I wonder why.

I'll get straight to the point, when I wake up, I use a foaming cleanser, acne cleanser, deep clean astringent, oil free moisture, a fade cream, and a quick spot treatment at the same time. Am I using too many products, and could this be the reason I tend to break out a lot?