Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
domain

am i going to scar? (pics)

im not sure if all those red spots are just red marks.. but i feel puss under it.. my acne has been the same tho for the last 2-3 months other than the occasional pimple.. also if u rate how bad my acne is id appreciate it

Pic#1

Pic#2

post-57146-1179732002_thumb.jpg

post-57146-1179732010_thumb.jpg

to me that looks to be moderate acne. defenitly get some accutane if you can that will clear it all up

I would say that your acne is Moderate however with the hyperpigmentation and red marks left over, it LOOKS kinda severe, but if you only have a few active pimples at a time, then it's just moderate. You are going to have a little bit of scaring, but in a year or so the red ness will fade if you can treat the acne and keep it at bay. Good luck!

Firstly, I can't tell if you have alot of active active. I see one pimple, but from the photos the rest look like red marks.

I don't think it is easy to predict if skin will scar. My acne was much worse than yours (from the pictures I can see) and my skin healed pretty well. I have two hypertrophic scars, but most people don't notice them unless I point them out.

The key (and difficult) step is to stop the acne. I did that with Accutane but you may be suited to other treatments. Once you have done that treat your skin gently and eat heathily to give your skin its best chance to heal. After 6 months or so, the redmarks should fade. You will be surprised at how well the skin can take care of itself. It will only be then that you can judge whether you have scarring requiring further treatment. I wish you the best.

whether or not you will scar depends a lot on your skin type. do you have a lot of other acne scars? whatr i would recommend is do not pick or scratch, and avoid getting sunburned.

i seem to scar easy but in my personal opinion its made worse by keep having acne, it never gets a chance to heal and be left alone because new acne forms over and over damaging the skin

so go and get some professional advice, deal with the acne and then see how the scarring is, it might surprise you that it clears up really good given some time and TLC!