Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dan

Now accepting interview questions for plastic surgeon

A new volunteer here at Acne.org is planning to conduct an interview with a highly qualified plastic surgeon. When the interview is complete we'll post it on Acne.org for all to read. We'd like to get some questions from Acne.org members prior to the interview so the surgeon can answer your questions.

Please post questions in this thread. Thanks!

What can be done to improve the appearance of a depressed area of hypopigmentation (on Caucasian skin) left after a deep dermabrasion? I had dermabrasion done years ago for acne scars near my cheekbone - while the acne scarring is diminished, I'm left with a permanent (unless you can help :dance: ) circular white mark the size of a quarter, which is also slightly depressed compared to surrounding skin. (My old acne scars were MUCH smaller & less disfiguring! I shoulda had a filler, but this was before fillers were common.) I use heavy concealer & self-tanner, but nothing really disguises it except dragging my hair over it!

Are there any collagen induction procedures, like Roll CIT or subcision that are up and coming in the plastic surgery business in the USA or perhaps more prevelance of the aforementioned ones?

How much do breast implants cost? haha

I want to get DDs! :P

Oh and a more serious question is, Is there any way to cover old skin with new skin?

What is the best Non Permanent Filler that will last over 1 year? For CHeek Augmentation.

WHat advantages does Radiesse have over Sculptra and over Juviderm/Perlane and Vice versa.

Is it possible that these fillers can migrate downward from the cheek area into or near the lower cheek and jawbone area?

I ask that question because you normally have to massage those Fillers so they stay even but will the massaging cause it to migrate away from the injection site?

Fractional laser resurfacing (such as Fraxel re:fine, re:store, re:pair lasers) have replaced procedures like dermabrasion and ablative laser resurfacing as the gold standard for acne scar and stretch mark treatment. Many patients on this message board have undergone an entire series (4-6) of fractional resurfacing treatments and reported modest results, with little to no long term side effects. I find this hopeful and fascinating for a laser treatment that was initially used to treat age related skin problems (sun damage and wrinkles).

Please speak a bit about future trends in fractional laser resurfacing, as well as ways in which this modality might be specifically modified to garner better results for acne scars and stretch marks.

I'll keep it short and sweet for ya:

Will Fraxel laser treatment work well on African-Americans with medium (caramel) skin tone that have hypertrophic scars?

I am actually maturing thru my acne stage and dealing more with the after scars...boxcars, icepicks that are still kinda red and prominent. My icepicks and boxcars are so numerous on my cheeks, I can't count them, and I've had them for almost 10 years.

Wut procedure or regime would you recommend for my light asian (korean) scarred skin?

Who is the PS? Will the PS remain anonymous? Where does the PS practice? What the PS areas of interest?

I'm 46 years old and have noticed my skin elasticity changing and becoming looser. As a result, I see new acne scars that weren't visible before. Will a face lift help with these scars?

Is the co2 still the gold standard in acne scar revision?

Does he/she think that the combination laser approach called derma-k is a better technique? What is the reason for the dispute over dermabrasion and laser? Is it because it's what the dr feel the most comfortable with ,or is it because there is a true difference in outcome? Thanks.

P.S. Why do most dr say they have never heard of TCA cross or subcision? It's their job to stay on top of things like this. That's why they get paid the big bucks : > } It's sad when we, the average people, are more informed then they are. You have no idea how many offices I have called and asked if they performed subcision or the cross, and they would ask "what's that?".

The real question to any PS / derms is whether they put patient's welfare first, and practise with conscience and honesty.