Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Atrocity

Need Help With Products

Hello everyone. I'm new to the forum. I'm 28 years old, Hispanic male from Texas. I need help with what products to use on my face. My problem is after neglecting my face I have these dark spots on my cheeks. And its annoying. Also I tend to be outside alot and the Texas summer will probably make it worse. I want to clear my face up as much as I can and get back to a regular regiment of treating my face correctly with cleansers. Before I had these dark spots on my cheeks I used Clearasil facial cleansers and just the regular Noxzema moisturizer. And it seemed to work good for me. Only problem I have with some products I used in the past is that they tend to irritate my skin easily. Even a regular bar of soap would irritate my skin. Also I don't ever use a regular razor to shave, I use an electric razor because it doesn't irritate my skin and make it look so red. So I need to know what to do for the dark spots on my cheeks, good cleansers for daily facial washing, and a good moisurizer if needed, as well as sunblock for the sizzling Texas summer to come. After visiting my local Wal Mart for facial products, I stood there looking at so many new products on the market and not knowing which are the most effective solutions out there. So I come here for helpful advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hi there. i'm thinking the dark spots are hyperpigmentation. there's lots of good stuff out there. i have the same problem around my chin and i've been using scar zone and i'm starting to see results. let's see, cetaphil is a good cleanser, use that twice a day, i use wal-mart brand BP gel for the occasional breakout and Oil of Olay Complete SPF15 for my moisturizer. i only moisturize during the day b/c i read an article that states if you have only skin, you don't need to moisturize at night because the skin on your face produces more oil when you sleep. my regimen is in my sig. i also use purity made simply by philosophy but that's a specialty product. i recommend cetaphil. everything, with exception to the purity, can be bought at wal-mart, target, rite-aid, etc. good luck!

Hi there. Get Acne Free scar lotion. I think u can find it at Walmart or on ebay. Trust me it works wonders!!! I am dark complected too. and it really worked great.

After reading around the forum and looking at product reviews. I picked up:

PURPOSE Gentle Cleansing Wash, Neutrogena On The Spot Acne Treatment, and Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion.

QUESTION: In the morning. I used the PURPOSE cleanser, rinse, pat dry. Then the Neutrogena treatment. The Neutrogena treatment doesn't say to rinse off. So I leave it? Then moisturize with Cetaphil over the Neutrogena treatment? Am I doing this correctly? Or did I buy the wrong products?