Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TML

Pictures --- Please help, tell me what i should use for my acne

You have mild acne. I would just recommed purpose cleanser and a toner. I dont recommend moisturizers if you have oily skin. It adds more oil to your face which can contribute to more breakouts

well ive been using spectrojel and an aveeno mostiruizing cream every night.. but t seems to be getting worse, so i'm probably going to go on the regimen very soon

in case you do, make sure you use a little amount, you dont want to make it worse in the first week :)

i'd say duac probably. or just regular bp, but the clindamycin would probably help too.

looks like shaving irritation (pseudofolliculitis barbae). moisturize an hour BEFORE shaving. And shave only ONCE a week with an electric shaver like Norelco smart touch XL.

You have mild acne. I would just recommed purpose cleanser and a toner. I dont recommend moisturizers if you have oily skin. It adds more oil to your face which can contribute to more breakouts

I disagree. Moisturizing will not add more oil to the skin, if you use oil-free products, because moisturizing is hydrating your skin, and there's a difference between moisture and oil. The face produces more oil if you make your skin dry by using harsh products.

Using products like SA and BP does treat your acne on a temporary basis but if you overuse it for a long period of time, it's not good for your skin. I know alot of the companies market their acne products by relating it to containing SA and BP, but really, you should use a oil-free gentle cleanser. I use Cetaphil gentle cleanser, and if I compare using this to what I used three years ago (Clearasil), I would have to say that Clearasil made my skin feel dry and tight afterwards and back then I had this psychological relief that dryness and squeaky cleanliness= clearer skin. But I actually broke out even more after a period of continous use of it. Cetaphil isn't a miracle product, it won't cure your acne, but it doesn't make it worse. I feel hydrated and clean after I wash my face with Cetaphil, and I have used this product for a year now, and it obviously has not made my acne worse and has minimal impact on my acne. The diet and vitamins I take have made differences to my acne, and Cetaphil is just there to keep my face clean everyday.

Your acne is very mild so I would not recommend using any harsh acne treatments like BP. I did that years ago, (I used Proactive) my skin became dependent on it, I had to apply more and more or my acne would get worse, then came a point where it stopped working but I had to keep applying it or my skin would go to utter and complete blemish on blemish mode

When your acne is not severe you can afford to take the safe simple route not damaging and frying your skin in the process of trying to get rid of the blemishes.

Suggestions:

1. Fruit of the Earth aloe vera gel, about 4$ available at any walmart, gentle, more natural and effective for soothing and healing acne

2. Exfoliate your skin before bed with a 100% cotton face cloth using hot water (no extra face wash or exfoliating product)

3. Drink 2 liters of bottled water a day

I went through years, yeeeears of using more acne products and treatments than I could count and what I found after all that time is that less is more

Good luck