Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
brushie

Benzoyl Peroxide vs. Differin Gel

for the last few years i've been on differin gel and just any regular OTC face soap (usually clean and clear or something), but havent good great results, so i'm starting dan's regimen - ive been on it for 2 days and my skin is about the same, but i know it takes time. anyway, what are your guys/girls thoughts (as far as ease of use, effectiveness, etc.) on lots of BP, like dan's regimen, versus using differin gel like i have been using? the differin sure would be much more "low maintenance" (just throw it on and thats it as opposed to gently massaging the loads of BP into the skin, then doing the same with the moisturizer, but i wonder if the BP would be more effective than the differin.

TIA.

(oh, btw, i wasnt sure where to put this, so i threw a copy in both forums - sorry if that's against the rules.)

I had been using differin every other night. That was working good for me but just the bp and the differin weren't clearing me 100%. It might work for you... keep using the differin at least occasionally if you were having success with it. It does different things than bp and using them both together will complement each other.

well, the problem is that i never really got much out of the differin, which is why i'm on this site. right now i'm trying dan's regimen, but starting next week im gonn start botchla's regimen - its much more "low maintenance" and i also dont like the idea of caking on layers of goop on my face.

i was just wondering which would be more effective, bp or differin.

I had also used Dan's regime and while it worked some it wasn't until I added an SA wash that I saw alot of improvement. Then I tried the "Acne Cure" but using the ice cubes aggravated my skin and I broke out horribly.

Finally I am also using Boltcha's regime. I only use the SA and BP in the morning that he recommends. I use the foaming SA in the evening because it removes my makeup much better. I then apply either mandelic acid or differin at night to keep up with the "pore cleaner."

I have seen alot of improvement but have only been doing this regimine since about the 20th of dec. I also haven't been using any moisturizer and have not used any makeup since Christmas so this could attribute to my success. While my face has been dry I have had minimal breakouts.

I am going to try mineral makeup and jojoba oil for moisturizing at night.

Hope you have some success.

I had also used Dan's regime and while it worked some it wasn't until I added an SA wash that I saw alot of improvement. Then I tried the \"Acne Cure\" but using the ice cubes aggravated my skin and I broke out horribly.

Finally I am also using Boltcha's regime. I only use the SA and BP in the morning that he recommends. I use the foaming SA in the evening because it removes my makeup much better. I then apply either mandelic acid or differin at night to keep up with the \"pore cleaner.\"

I have seen alot of improvement but have only been doing this regimine since about the 20th of dec. I also haven't been using any moisturizer and have not used any makeup since Christmas so this could attribute to my success. While my face has been dry I have had minimal breakouts.

I am going to try mineral makeup and jojoba oil for moisturizing at night. 

Hope you have some success.

Whether you use the differin in the morning or the bp it's good to use a sunscreen. Both make your skin sensitive to the sun.

Can't recommend a good one because they all seem to break me out.

There are alot of good posts here about sunscreen so you should be able to find a good one.