Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
YeaOkay

Best alcoholic drink to get at a club?

So we don't want a lot of sugar, and we know beer is worse than liqour. I do go to clubs a lot, usually I go immediately once my face is clear, and then of course I get breakouts the next day. Its a viscious cycle. Is there any drink out there that doesn't have a lot of sugar? Ive been doing vodka tonics and vodka cranberry. There has to be something better...

Remember, the goal is to limit the amount of sugar and doing shots only is not an option.

Rum and diet coke

Bloody mary?? :shrug:

Also, I wanted to add that Ocean Spray makes a diet cranberry juice that is pretty good. I doubt a club would have it though :shrug:

no matter what you drink, if you take it way over the line you're going to screw up your skin.

no matter what you drink, if you take it way over the line you're going to screw up your skin.

Yes but like 10 shots of vodka prolly will do the same amount of damage as 2 coronas.

Its not the alcohol that's making him break out, its the sugar.

Therefore, anything mixed with coke, sprite or ice tea is very bad because its quite high in sugar. (Red Bull won't be any better either)

Alcohols to avoid:

Any syrup/sweet alcohol (ie: Limonchello, Rum, Goldshlagger, etc)

Mixing agents to avoid:

(Orange juice, Coke, 7UP, Ice Tea, Energy Drinks)

(ps. diet coke is even worse than regular coke because it contains aspartame)

Anything else should be OK! I know that doesn't leave much...

You could have wine!

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't really worry too much about having 1-2 drinks. If anything, I learned a while back that consuming extra virgin coconut oil helps with sugar spikes and therefore would probably help you avoid a breakout.

dont drink or go to clubs.

like asking. ok so what kind of blow torch is good for my face? methane fueled or hydrogen?

neither is good. the choices at a bar aren't choices. more like a bunch of shitty options that you should avoid altogether by not going into the club/bar

like asking. ok so what kind of blow torch is good for my face? methane fueled or hydrogen?

neither is good. the choices at a bar aren't choices. more like a bunch of shitty options that you should avoid altogether by not going into the club/bar

Since I'm on a no sugar/yeast diet, my doctor

has recommended that I only drink vodka...in

small amounts, though. I have to admit, before this

diet I liked all kinds of alcohol- whiskey (my favorite),

beer, wine. actually, vodka is my least favorite.

Regardless, from what I've been told any alcohol spikes

your sugar levels, but vodka does the least amount of

damage.

For what it's worth, I've found vodka with lemon juice to be quite refreshing :)

Clear alcohol is the way to go. If you need a mixer, diet soda should be fine. The aspartame isn't good for you, but neither is the alcohol. I've never heard of anyone breaking out or being allergic to aspartame either. Vodka and diet tonic is fine. Or if you like, on the rocks would be best but it sounds like you don't really like straight alcohol. mmmm, I could really go for a scotch right now :)

the problem is that alcohol dehydrates you, so your skin ends up being super dried out and causes problems (of course the sugar isn't great for you either.) what works for me is making sure to drink water (although when you're tanked it really isn't in the forefront of your mind :lol:) and moisturize really well when you go home.