Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxbobmckeexx

A small lesson about chemicals and skincare

8 days ago I had aftershave applied to my whole hair line after a hair cut.

I have studied skin care in depth so I knew I should go home and wash it off immediately even though the barber had wiped off a lot of it already (there is still a residue).

What happened?

I have small breakouts across this hairline now. Since my skin stays 98% clear I can notice when I have problems and what they are from quicker than most.

Lesson:

Even putting a minor chemical on your skin can make you breakout 3 - 7 days after the fact. Chemicals and pores sometimes don't mix very well and you'll never know which ones are safe and which aren't.

Action:

Find a very small amount of products to use that are very mild and DON'T use anything else until you clear up. If you buy that wonder topical and it seems to be working, you'll never really know what's good and bad for your skin if you're putting 5 different products on it.

Safest play is to use a mild soap and thats it. Try other products once you are clear because then you can see a cause and effect relationship.

Limit products.

Do you think that you might just be having an allergic reaction to the ingredients in the aftershave? Did you have the hairline clippered?