Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gtracer007

My Regimen is NO PRODUCTS AT ALL!!!

Since the age of 13, I always thought that washing my skin with cleanser will make it clean... then applying lotion after to moisturize... well EFFFFF all that!!! I have finally came to realize that that's whats causing my ACNE! for fuckin' 10 years!!!

-washing my skin with cleanser actually breaks me out

-using any sort of lotion will clog my pores (non-comegenic is BS for me)

-toners are crap

-everything is CRAP!

Skin care products are the culprit of my acne breakout and I have tried almost everything under the sun!!! Such propaganda...

This is what I do...

MORNING:

-Rinse face with water

-Pat dry

Night:

-Rinse face with water

-Pat dry

*and if I feel that my skin is a little oily whenever during the day, I just rinse... and pat dry.

NO PRODUCTS OR NOTHING!!!

...my skin is now normal and I rarely ever break out anymore.

Caveman style for me...

me too, acne products are rough on your skin and if not used properly can lead to even more breakouts

I'm clear now too!!! I use no acne products!!!! I use water and apple cidar vinegar. I always thought I had to use soap and stuff too but since I stopped all that I'm finally clear!

thanks for the replies guys/gals. i've been off accutane since early march. but even while i was on the accutane (6 months), i completely stopped using everything. so all in all... i haven't used soap to wash my face for a total of almost 8 months! All i can say is WOW!

one thing i know is true with me... i have EXTREMELY oily skin. and it is extreme! before when i used to wash my face with soap, that would strip out all the natural oils in my skin subsequently making my body produce twice as much oil which leads to more pore clogging. Even a dermatologist a few years ago told me to ONLY rinse my face in the morning and wash with it soap at night. I didn't believe her... well, since it's now working, I wished I wasn't so ignorant when consulting with her and had taken her advice... i always thought "washing with soap" will "clean". NOT THE CASE with me!

The major upside to this is... no more money spent on face care products!!!

However, I've found my miracle cream of all CREAMS... that is:

AVEENO ANTI-ITCH LOTION

Aveeno_Anti-Itch_Concentrated_Lotion-resized200.jpg

I use a dab of this stuff on the front of my face and under my sideburn area. basically the dry areas of my face... works like a charm!

yet, my sister is becoming an esticitian and she always talks about exfoliating and removing dead skin cells... i would love to see what this can do for my skin as i have some MAJOR dry spots...

thank you all

EDIT:

and why the heck don't the linked pictures show up?!?!?!?!?

isn't the coding like this- using IMG? b>   www.etadsfweasfeafeafaeadf blah blah blah  <b>

thanks for the replies guys/gals. i've been off accutane since early march. but even while i was on the accutane (6 months), i completely stopped using everything. so all in all... i haven't used soap to wash my face for a total of almost 8 months! All i can say is WOW!

one thing i know is true with me... i have EXTREMELY oily skin. and it is extreme! before when i used to wash my face with soap, that would strip out all the natural oils in my skin subsequently making my body produce twice as much oil which leads to more pore clogging. Even a dermatologist a few years ago told me to ONLY rinse my face in the morning and wash with it soap at night. I didn't believe her... well, since it's now working, I wished I wasn't so ignorant when consulting with her and had taken her advice... i always thought "washing with soap" will "clean". NOT THE CASE with me!

The major upside to this is... no more money spent on face care products!!!

However, I've found my miracle cream of all CREAMS... that is:

AVEENO ANTI-ITCH LOTION

Aveeno_Anti-Itch_Concentrated_Lotion-resized200.jpg

I use a dab of this stuff on the front of my face and under my sideburn area. basically the dry areas of my face... works like a charm!

yet, my sister is becoming an esticitian and she always talks about exfoliating and removing dead skin cells... i would love to see what this can do for my skin as i have some MAJOR dry spots...

thank you all

EDIT:

and why the heck don't the linked pictures show up?!?!?!?!?

isn't the coding like this- using IMG? b>   www.etadsfweasfeafeafaeadf blah blah blah  <b>