Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Allanaa

Tanning Beds & BP

I visit tanning beds quite often and I have really fair skin on my face. BP makes it especially more sensitive and pale (hence the tanning) I'm wondering what procedure i should follow when tanning because i feel that I'm causing A LOT of harm to my skin by tanning and using BP at the same time.

any suggestions?

Don't tan while on BP is the obvious one =)

Or don't tan your face!

Yeah, just don't use tanning beds, period. BP has never been shown to cause cancer in humans, but in mouse studies (though with very high concentrations of BP, not used the way humans use it), UVB rays are often used to initiate tumors and then BP acts as a tumor promoter. I'm not particularly worried about developing facial tumors from using lots of BP, but I definitely feel a lot better about it by using a sunscreen during the day. You should consider either using fake tanners, which have become pretty good in the past few years, or just embrace the pale and play up your natural colorings through the right choices of makeup, maybe get your hair color enhanced to go better with your skin.

I'm all about the fair skin. Pale people are hot. Seriously.

Really though, don't tan while on BP. Tanning while not on BP is bad enough. If you must be tan, like CAKD said, definitely go for the fake tan. You can get them done professionally if you think the self tanning ones look too fake. Though I'm not sure where...you're on your own for that. But I know there are quite a few places to go for that kind of thing.

Good luck!

Yes, it makes your skin more sensitive, even when you haven't put any on. It would take a while of being off BP to bring your skin back to normal. Either way, tanning is just not very good for your skin, I would highly reccomend against it.