Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eskimoemo

good diet to be acne free?

i know food is just a myth. but there is food that irritates the skin. what food do you guys recommend to eat and not to eat?

i have mild chest acne, i also sometimes get a zit or two on my face.

i wouldn't discount this theory as a myth. there has been a lot of talk on here lately about diet, with lots of people getting results. i've seen a big difference since cutting out wheat, dairy, sugar, coffee. once i'm clear i will re-introduce these things one at a time and see what happens.

dairy and sugar seem to be major culprits, so you could avoid them for a while. don't really know about ones that you should eat for good skin, but i've heard blueberries are good.

wait so no more wheat bread?

no sugar?

i thought salty foods was bad for you.

i stopped eating cheese, greasy foods, and chocolate.

sugar is a real trigger for most people, so try cutting that out and see what happens.

as for wheat... i don't know. i've read people can have an allergy to this and not know it. they then see an improvement when they stop eating it. i'm going for an allergy test this afternoon to see what foods i'm sensitive to.

If your diet is high on fruits/vegetables and proteins like fish, chicken and turkey, coupled with fish oil supplements, a multivitamin and lots of water, you'll see a huge difference. Food is definitely not a myth, where do you think your body gets the nutrients it needs to function properly and maintain perfect hormonal balance? Food is the catalyst for change in the body, it responds to what you put in.

If your diet is high on fruits/vegetables and proteins like fish, chicken and turkey, coupled with fish oil supplements, a multivitamin and lots of water, you'll see a huge difference. Food is definitely not a myth, where do you think your body gets the nutrients it needs to function properly and maintain perfect hormonal balance? Food is the catalyst for change in the body, it responds to what you put in.

hi ya all

well i stopped eating and drinking dairy producst for 8 months no egg no yogurt no milk no milk made products

then no bread no cereal of any kind or cereal bars u know everything no fried stuff no oily things no PIZZA uuugg no wings u name it i quit it

results :wall::wall: nothing and in between that time i had the most 2nd horrible breakout of my life and i was like are u kidding me i did all that for nothing

Come on now you we all know changing your diet wont improve your acne its a total myth!

Look at alot of these overweight people that live on junk food and alot of them have a perfect complection.

Yet again we try to find reasons for our bad skin and yet again we come up with the same thing sweet f...kall.

look genius there's this thing called genetics

look up romeo's thread about toxins relating to acne and you will see someone explained how toxins built up in the system relate to acne

if your system can keep those toxins from aggrevating your blood vessels and lymphatic system then that crap will never have a chance to aggrevate your skin

how the hell can a rational human being believe that what you put in your body does NOT determine how your body is built down to every damn skin cell ?

guess what ? there are probably way more obese people with crappy skin than clear skin

and the thicker skin for example on their cheeks probably mean that skin problems never actually surface to be seen by anyone

but by all means keep eating your garbage, i'm sure the rest of your body will appreciate it

and run to your derm for their precious accutane