Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eskimoemo

good diet to be acne free?

i know food is just a myth. but there is food that irritates the skin. what food do you guys recommend to eat and not to eat?

i have mild chest acne, i also sometimes get a zit or two on my face.

I think junk and fatty food make you break out more.

I know some people say it has nothing to do with you breaking out,

but in my opinion, it does.

So I think you should eat healthier and drink plenty of water.

I noticed my skin got better when I cut down and stopped drinking soft drinks.

But everybody's skin is different, so, who knows.

Guest ~Wolfy~

Reasonably high protein, moderate/low carb (mostly low GI carbs, like beans, boiled potatoes/fries, no bread, some fruit), lots of green veggies, no stimulants, high magnesium, high zinc, high monounsaturated fat, moderate unsaturated/omega 3, low omega 6, moderate/low saturated fat. Enough calories you've got energy; if anything gaining weight is good. Make really sure you're not deficient in anything.

Everyones body metabolises foods differently. What may make me break out may not break you out. However for me skim milk causes me breakouts, peanuts/peanut butter, citric acid, and bananas

Ive have used food to completely clear moderate acne to with blackheads and enlarged pores, and without using any products. However this post is in the body section, and diet has not clear up my body acne to any degree at all. The only things i have found to clear up my body acne, is regular salt water swimming, exfoliating 3x per week, and a light tan.

Since starting the Paleo diet, all of my body acne has completely cleared up. I think that diet will clear up most people's body acne, but you have to find the right foods for you. I also think that getting in the sun will definitely help many people, it probably is not a cure but I think it helps.