Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

my friends derm recommended her use Dove soap as a cleanser so I reckon it has some merit May. she used it all the waythrough her accutane course too.

It's all I ever use. My derm recommended it about 5 years ago and I cleared right up. I wished then that some derm over the many years that I suffered so badly with acne and cystic acne would have recommended this. Every now and then I'm persuaded by referrals or commercials or pretty packaging to something else and I break out immediately and always go back to Dove. I use the original white bar. I find that if I use the exfoliating or one with a fragrance then I break out with those too. Plain old white Dove and mineral makeup has changed my life - sounds dramatic, but true. I still had some rosacea and found that Emu Oil and Jojoba Oil cleared that up almost 100% in the last 6 months.

Heather

My dermatologist told me to switch from Cetaphil to the Dove Beauty Bar back in January. I've been pretty happy with it, and I don't think I'll ever switch. It lathers well, it's gentle, and it's cheap too.

i think it's drying, but i just use moisturizer afterwards and it's fine.

I knew a girl with pretty moderate acne, and Dove cleared her right up. I'm almost out of AcneFree cleanser and have a dozen bars of Dove lined up to use next (I have very sensitive skin all over, and my doctor suggested I switch to Dove for my body, so why not give it a go on my face?).

I'll let you know how it goes.

I think its too strong. I prefer purpose. Dont you think youd get more replies here if it were moved to General Acne Products?

i heard purpose was drying too. i have really sensitive skin, so much that cetaphil irritated it for a whole week. :doubt:

and i dont know, i dont really frequent that forum. thought more people came here. you think it'll go better there?

ooh i loove complex 15! it's such a great moisturizer. i never get any flaky skin anymore, which is just a wonder. lolz, i'm one of those goat's milk soap & C-15 people (you remember that?) i'm still using Camus and all that, but are starting to breakout a bit, which just sucks! a couple of weeks ago, my skin was the clearest it had been in years. i almost cried, literally. :( and now is gone....

oh and i'll ask a mod to move it then, molly.

NEKO- Thanks! ;)

I personally LOVE using Dove soap!

I only use the Sensitive Skin soap (unscented) though; I HATE the smell of the original Dove. I use it twice at night; the first time is just to remove oil and makeup. The second wash is to cleanse the skin. Dove soap is really moisturizing and doesn't dry out the skin so using it 2x at night will not dry out your skin (I'm combo/normal, btw).

note to self: buy dove beauty bar tonight @ the store.

:)

:lol: *note to self, femme25 says adorable things* ;):wub:

So which Dove Beauty Bar is everyone using? I use Sensitive Skin Unscented with 1/4 moisturizing lotion bar. Recently ive had some new acne soooo am I using the wrong one or something?